Essential Job Functions
- Compose routine correspondence and messages, as well as various technical and nontechnical materials in draft and final form.
- Proofread records, forms, letters, and other documentation for typographical and other errors with exceptional attention to detail.
- Read publications, regulations, and directives and take action or refer those that are important to the supervisor and staff.
- Ensure records are prepared, maintained, filed, transferred, and disposed of properly.
- Compile, check, and interpret data; prepare a variety of general reports, which may be technical in nature.
- Review and edit various documents to ensure the format is correct and appropriate and policies and procedures are correctly carried out.
- Set up client conferences, meetings, teleconferences, web conferences, and presentations.
- Maintain meeting minutes and coordinate action items to ensure completion.
- Communicate at all organizational levels to gather and convey information.
- Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload.
- Must be organized and efficient.
- Accurate word processing speed of at least 55 words per minute.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to track and organize tasks.
- Strong listening and communication skills: ability to pass along information accurately and communicate in a positive professional manner
- Must be able to multitask.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with clients and peers.
- Present a professional appearance and attitude.
- Proficiency working in an MS Windows environment and in the use of standard computer software such as, but not limited to, MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Suite, and SharePoint.
- All positions that require access to U.S. Government facilities and systems require U.S. Citizenship and maintain clearance eligibility.
- Knowledge of the Naval Correspondence Manual and the DoD Acquisition Process an added plus.
Required Education and Experience
- 3-5 years of appropriate administrative and clerical experience. High School Diploma required. Associate Degree (AA) preferred. A BS/BA degree may substitute for experience requirements.
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (540) 602-7900 Opt 3 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
The Gemini 3 Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.