Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Conducts studies and analyses on Army power generation and distribution systems in support of Force Design Updates.
- Assists in the development of power planning and energy management training.
- Provides support to Joint Warfighter Assessments for emerging energy related technologies and management systems.
- Assesses emerging technologies for potential military application on support of Army goals.
- Produces briefings and reports in support of performance work statements tasks.
- Analysis of power production and distribution systems requirements in Army units.
- Assess the applicability and benefit of emerging energy technologies in support of Army goals.
- Support assessments and the development of future and emerging OE initiatives/technologies.
- Support the development of OE curricula, doctrine and concepts.
- Support the development and staffing of OE white papers, briefings, information papers and other documentation.
- Assist with the development of training support packages for non-standard equipment under review during Joint Warfighting Assessments.
- Review reports, literature, attend meetings, conferences and seminars to support the OE program.
- Generate briefings and graphics in support of analytic tasks.
- Employee is required to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC) issued by the government.
- Must have active DoD (Secret) clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics, Science, Technology or related discipline
- One year or more relevant experience in the following areas is desired:
- Current relevant experience in following energy related areas: alternative forms of energy (solar, wind etc.), distribution of power and energy, and fuel and energy operations in the tactical environment.
- Corps, Division and Brigade level operations, modular structures and concepts.
- U.S. Army, Joint and Multinational operations.
- Ability to prepare information in appropriate form for different audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to create effective collaborations among various levels of staff and work in a team environment.
- Strong problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to independently organize, write, and conduct research/analysis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Highly proficient in the English language to include grammar, syntax, punctuation, word usage, formatting, and style.
If because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process please call (540) 602-7900 x203.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a full time position