Have your kids or grandkids watched Frozen so many times you just want to get rid of all the snow and ice? Great! Help us with that.
A Snow Removal Operations Manager is a management position that ensures job sites are being properly maintained during snow and ice events. The Snow Removal Operations Manager will be given a scope of work and site map for each property that’s on-call throughout the winter storm season, beginning November 1st and ending April 15th. Shifts include pre-event planning meetings and client communications and conclude with post-event site inspections. In the days following a winter event, an Account Manager helps the administrative team navigate through the paperwork and verifying event details. All employees are expected to carry out the company’s mission, vision, and values.
As a Snow Removal Operations Manager at Schill Grounds Management, you must be able to perform the following essential functions of the job:
- Be experienced in driving in winter weather conditions.
- Attend pre-season snow team meetings in the fall.
- Introduce yourself to each assigned Client and Service Provider before the beginning of the winter season.
- Provide your contact information and confirm each client’s communication preference.
- Monitor your weather emails and be aware of upcoming snow events. Always be prepared to report for duty on short notice.
- Communicate with clients before each event to notify them of game plan and confirm client requests.
- Communicate with Service Providers before each event to confirm their plan and ensure that they are prepared.
- Patrol your sites during snow events to ensure Scope of Work is being followed correctly.
- Visit each of your sites after each event to ensure the work has been performed to the Scope of Work and is acceptable upon your final inspection.
- Communicate with each client after each event to ensure that they are satisfied and see if they need additional services.
- Communicate with each Service Provider after each event to schedule expected return visits or service callbacks if necessary.
- Download the Aspire app to document communication and site conditions.
- Ensure work is being carried out to ISO, ANSI, and SGM’s Standards.
- Ensure clients are always satisfied throughout the season.
- Establish great client relationships.
- Collect details of the snow event and keep solid documentation.
- Regroup with SGM’s management team after events to discuss and fine-tune operation.
- Communicate with administrators as needed for any billing issues.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills
- Must be self-motivated
- Must be a creative problem solver with the capacity to innovate
- Must be team-oriented
Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record to meet fleet insurance standards
Ability to communicate in both English and Spanish is preferred
Must be able to pass a drug and alcohol test
Must be able to move and/or lift up to 60 pounds consistently
Must be available for every single snow and ice event/threat, no matter how big or small
Must expect to work the duration of each event, as well as days following for additional clean up and ice watch inspections
Must attend snow meetings in the office as requested from October through April
Employees performing this job should be able and willing to drive or travel locally, if needed. Schedules for this position may vary and may require flexibility to work extended hours. Potential work hours during the snow season include nighttime, weekends, and holidays to participate with snow removal activities. This position will require working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions including rain, snow, ice, etc.
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Schill Grounds Management, Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Schill Grounds Management, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
This is a management position