SGM believes in the art of delivering an “Extraordinary Experience” to our clients and team members. At Schill Grounds Management, we believe that Extraordinary Experiences come from Extraordinary People and that the foundation for Extraordinary People is an Extraordinary Culture.
We invite you to experience our Extraordinary Culture and discover what sets us apart from other landscaping companies. Our business continues to expand and we are looking for new team members to serve our commercial clients. With perks running the gamut from monthly incentive bonuses, employee appreciation events, and year-round employment opportunities all the way to career development training and a full benefits package, we believe in investing in Extraordinary People.
The Payroll Manager is responsible for weekly payroll processing for all SGM employees, in addition to processing payment for subcontractors and independent contractors. All employees are expected to carry out the company’s mission, vision, and values.
As a Payroll Manager at Schill Grounds Management, you must be able to perform the following essential functions of the job:
- Compiles payroll data, polls-time clocks, and reviews the downloaded information for completeness and accuracy.
- Reviews, processes, and completes garnishments, child support, PTO, and other employee or mandatory requests affecting payroll.
- Process transfer of payroll data to payroll company.
- Enters and reviews employee information on the payroll system and closes electronic files upon separation.
- Responds to requests for information from employees and/or outside entities such as garnishments, employment verifications, and financial institutions.
- Produces reports out of the payroll system as needed.
- Establishes priorities for managing own work while staying on a focused, efficient path for achieving results.
- Acts as business ambassador and presents a positive image of the company.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a high degree of accuracy with data entry and payment processing
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and able to prioritize work accordingly
- Must be friendly and can troubleshoot payroll errors with employees and/or managers
A high school diploma or GED is required.
3+ years of processing high volume payroll is required.
Experience with paying 1099 independent contractors is preferred.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) is required.
Previous work experience in Paylocity is preferred.
Must have advanced knowledge of payroll processing and management of payroll systems.
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Schill Grounds Management, Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Schill Grounds Management, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position