This position is responsible for the overall management, planning, direction, leading and performance of assigned facility. Responsible for warehousing operations, distribution operations, customer relations, quality, safety and security. Ensures effective and efficient support of the Logistics goals, objectives and KPI’s. Responsible for increasing inventory accuracy and control for all products, ensuring load integrity is not compromised. Ensures effective and efficient support of the Logistics goals and objectives. Assist in overall Logistics planning, budgeting, financial and human resource decisions to enable organization to reach to both budgetary and mission driven goals.
· Develop and direct all leaders to ensure the efficient and cost-effective operation and utilization of the facility.
· Mentor leaders to achieve the highest standards.
· Oversee all distribution services including receiving, sorting, storing, shipping, handling goods, maintenance and administrative activities to ensure customer requirements are met.
· Oversee job assignments and labor schedules. Plan long-range labor needs based on sales forecasts and input from management. Focus on continuous improvement and make recommendations to senior management on programs to improve operations.
· Develop a space utilization plan. Monitor the space layout plan to ensure it continues to meet company standards.
· Support and drive an effective product locator system and update as necessary. Ensure current and accurate inventory control for all products.
· Ensure the warehouses internal fleet is in compliance with Federal, State and local regulations.
· Direct the operations of warehouse leaders to achieve prescribed objectives.
· Develop and maintain a productive work team by creating programs for hiring, training and professional development.
· Match the skill and background of people of various backgrounds to the work required.
· Apply sound communication and motivational techniques, adhere to HR principles to supervise, counsel and discipline associates.
· Maintain an appropriate performance evaluation system for recommending promotions, wage increases and terminations.
· Ensure safety procedures are in place for the efficient operation and utilization of all warehouse equipment.
· Direct programs to ensure the safety of all personnel, equipment and property.
· Provide safety instruction to personnel as needed.
· Report all work-related injuries immediately. Provide immediate medical attention to injured employees as necessary.
· Create and support a Culture of Safety in the warehouse.
· Ensure compliance with appropriate government regulations.
· Continually maintain a professional and courteous relationship with all customers.
· Audit operations to ensure service standards are being met.
· Ensure the creation of the necessary warehouse information systems to meet company objectives and facilitate the efficient operations of the warehouse.
· Ensure that necessary computer software and hardware are provided. Remain knowledgeable regarding changes in hardware and software technology.
· Ensure the security of the facility, its environments, employees and contents. Conduct regular audits of outbound shipments.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· Minimum of two years of training and/or mentoring experience in a warehouse or retail environment.
· Minimum of two years of leadership or management experience.
· High School degree or equivalent preferred.
· Ability to speak, read and write in English.
· General PC Applications
· MS Office Applications
· Must be able to properly lift 45lbs throughout the work shift.
· Must be able to stand on hard surfaces for an extended period of time.
· Must be able to travel to various sites as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and written.
· Ability to work cooperatively with a diverse group of individuals from a variety of education, social and economic backgrounds.
· Excellent in-person, phone, and electronic-based interpersonal skills.
· Proficiency with, and ability to conduct, intermediate tasks within Microsoft Office Suite applications, HR Information Systems and various cloud based office applications
· A broad range of management skills is required with particular emphasis on leadership, supervision, motivation, communication, and planning.
· Strong analytical skills required to succeed.
· Ability to scale an operation, without sacrificing efficiency and reliability, during periods of rapid growth.
· Knowledge and experience with adaptive supply chain and organization
· Knowledge and experience with design and implementation of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and training
· Knowledge and experience with LEAN Warehousing principles.
· Ability to develop and maintain training manuals for a variety of work functions.
· Knowledge and ability to mentor and train.
· Ability to work cooperatively with diverse groups of individuals from a variety of educational, social and economic backgrounds.
· Achieve and exceed goals within the assigned timeframe.
· Possess a professional demeanor, poise under pressure with strong attention to detail, and well-developed time management skills.
“Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.”
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
As one of the most established and successful social enterprises in the country, Goodwill Industries of San Francisco, San Mateo, and Marin Counties, Inc. leads the field through innovation, continuous improvement, and a commitment to those we serve. The businesses we grow and operate (e.g. retail stores, E-commerce, specialty boutiques, value stores, and salvage businesses) fund local job placement and employment training opportunities that give people a second chance to build a sustainable livelihood.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position