Geyserville Grille is looking for a part time Host to join our team. We are a privately owned company with room for growth, a safe and enjoyable workplace, and an experienced group of professionals. This is a great opportunity for someone to gain work experience and grow in the restaurant industry!
- Receives and records reservations by phone or in person according to established policies.
- Communicates with staff so restaurant can be properly set up.
- Monitors guest waiting times; works to minimize wait time for guests in the bar or other areas of the property.
- Ensures that all information on the reservation sheet is fully understood and properly passed on to the appropriate personnel.
- Knows the reservation list so that upon check-in, guest names can be found quickly.
- Ensures that prepaid items (cakes, wine etc) and gift certificates are communicated to a management member and server. Confirms all prepaid information, special menu orders with kitchen in advance of service.
- Directs event guests to the appropriate location.
- Has a strong knowledge of menu items and awareness of any menu changes.
- Answers incoming calls with efficiency and with a pleasant, friendly, unpretentious tone of voice.
- Confirms all large parties’ dinner reservations in advance.
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- Able to life 20 pounds at a time
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Available to work weekends and evenings
About the Geyserville Grille
The Geyserville Inn and Geyserville Grille are a hotel/bar/restaurant located in the heart of Alexander Valley just 30 minutes North of Santa Rosa, CA. Owned and operated for over 20 years by 2 generations of the Christensen Family, known for a friendly staff providing a fun atmosphere for both guests and employees. Whether part time seasonal or here to stay, the opportunities to grow and learn are here at the Inn and Grille. When you’re here, you’re a part of the family!
Department: Front of House
This is a non-management position
This is a part time position
Visit Careers at Geyserville Inn