Geyserville Grille is looking for a part-time Host to join our team. We are a privately owned company with room for growth, a safe and enjoyable workplace, and an experienced group of professionals. This is a great opportunity for someone to gain work experience and grow in the restaurant industry!
- Receives and records reservations by phone or in-person according to established policies.
- Communicates with staff so the restaurant can be properly set up.
- Monitors guest waiting times; works to minimize wait time for guests in the bar or other areas of the property.
- Ensures that all information on the reservation sheet is fully understood and properly passed on to the appropriate personnel.
- Knows the reservation list so that upon check-in, guest names can be found quickly.
- Ensures that prepaid items (cakes, wine, etc) and gift certificates are communicated to a management member and server. Confirms all prepaid information, special menu orders with kitchen in advance of service.
- Directs event guests to the appropriate location.
- Has a strong knowledge of menu items and awareness of any menu changes.
- Answers incoming calls with efficiency and with a pleasant, friendly, unpretentious tone of voice.
- Confirms all large parties’ dinner reservations in advance.
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- Able to lift 20 pounds at a time
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Available to work weekends and evenings
About the Geyserville Grille:
The Geyserville Inn and Geyserville Grille are a hotel/bar/restaurant located in the heart of Alexander Valley just 30 minutes North of Santa Rosa, CA. Owned and operated for over 20 years by 2 generations of the Christensen Family, known for a friendly staff providing a fun atmosphere for both guests and employees. Whether part-time, seasonal, or here to stay, the opportunities to grow and learn are here at the Inn and Grille. When you’re here, you’re a part of the family!
Department: Front of House
This is a non-management position
This is a part time position
Visit Careers at Geyserville Inn