Special Events Company Seeking Office Operations Manager for its San Francisco Office!
Do you dream about Google Docs, Internet Routers, and Refrigerator Purge Schedules??? Then you should definitely keep reading!!!
This hybrid office and operations management role covers a wide array of responsibilities….from Facilities and IT to basic Business Administration.
We are a high-energy, dynamic, and fast-paced operation…and the Office Operations Manager should be the beacon of calm and sanity behind the scenes! We are looking for an excellent and mega-organized leader who can discover the most efficient (and sustainable) ways to run the office.
If this job seems like a fit, please email us your resume, salary requirements, and cover letter letting us know a little bit about you and why you think you’d be a fit at Got Light!
- First responder for phones, voice-mails, customers, guests, deliveries, and other basic administrative functions.
- Decipher & Distribute Calls/Voice-Mails
- Calendar Management/Scheduling/Meeting Prep of internal meetings.
- Supports various departments heads in tracking their budgets, making sure that the receipts and submitted on time and the vendor information is up to date.
- Take on occasional projects as needed from the owners and department heads.
- Management of Insurance Liability Claims (Event Damage, Building Issues, etc) and vendor/ venue COI needs.
- Travel Arrangements for event crew or Department Heads (occasional)
- Daily filing of active and archived events.
- Management of Customer Contact Database
- Manage outbound shipments via FedEx/UPS/USPS.
- Pickups, errands, emergency runs.
- Fridge purge.
- Conduct daily inspections of facility to ensure high standards of appearance, functionality and safety of space.
- Respond to all safety and maintenance issues for the physical building interior and exterior.
- Daily common area clean up: conference rooms, offices, kitchen, bathrooms, storage closet.
- Manage facility vendors and schedules (janitorial, fire protection, HVAC, security, communications, IT, yard maintenance, etc.)
- Implements policies and best practices to ensure high standards of building maintenance, safety, security and operations.
- Directs emergency preparedness program including upkeep of emergency and first aid training and supplies, illness and injury prevention and safety trainings.
- Ensure the company’s risk management policies are in compliance with applicable building safety, OSHA and other similar standards and regulations.
- Management & Administration of Key FOBS, Alarm Codes, and Security Cameras for building.
- Act as the emergency building contact for off-hours.
- Serve as frontline support for all staff on hardware and software troubleshooting needs.
- Set up or removal of employee stations during on-board/off-board process.
- Gmail administration (distribution lists, groups, etc).
- Make sure that computer/telephony needs are met for an office/warehouse of 50 stations.
- Develop and maintain an effective file management and back-up system.
- Track subscriptions, licenses, passwords, and serial numbers for all the equipment via Google Docs.
- Track Database issues/changes as they arise and communicate changes/updates out to the staff.
HR Support | Internal Events:
- Assist with basic HR tasks: onboarding, workstations, training schedules, employee welcome kits.
- Administer and maintain candidate paperwork for all departments.
- Prepare New Hire welcome bags and GL branded clothing for employees.
- Manage clothing/uniform disbursement
- Track and manage expenses related to internal/HR employee events within budget.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute monthly GL Birthday/Anniversary events.
- Company event planning (Holiday Party) by coordinating venue, bids, vendors, logistics.
- Plan and coordinate non-holiday party events: Thanksgiving, PLD Thank You, Going Away Parties, etc.
- Vendor management.
- Set up and breakdown of internal events.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU!
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- Sense of humor mandatory!
- Immaculate organization, bordering on anal-retentive behaviors and tendencies.
- Innovative and creative thinker.
- Google Drive/Google Docs Nerd!
- Proficient with computer systems including but not limited to MS Office, FileMaker, ADP, & Google Suite.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Knowledge of business planning methods and procedures necessary for financial and operational success.
- Strong human relations skills, with a positive attitude; high level of energy; intuitive, and genuinely believes in investing in Got Light, the culture, and its people.
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills, including active listening, written and presentation
- Comfortable dealing with complex issues, negotiations
- Knowledge of and experience with quality improvement principles, strategic planning, and business strategy development
- Prioritizes well and successfully directs multiple projects simultaneously; possesses broad/strategic perspectives, including innovative ideas and vision with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to direct change when/as necessary; to take reasonable risks; practical, with good common sense
- Experience in working with diverse populations.
Got Light is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status, protected medical condition or any other basis as defined by state, federal or local law. Got Light provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in both the hiring process and during employment as required by applicable federal, state and local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment any qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
This is a management position
This is a full-time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs