Special Events Company Seeking a Business Manager for its San Francisco Office!
Do you dream about budget allocations, formulating policies and procedures, and analyzing growth strategies??? Then you should definitely keep reading!!!
We are a high-energy, dynamic, and fast-paced operation…and the Business Manager should be the beacon of calm and sanity behind the scenes! We are looking for a seasoned and mega-organized leader who can discover the most efficient (and sustainable) ways to run the company.
Duties for the Business Manager will include allocating budget resources, formulating policies, coordinating business operations, monitoring and motivating staff, managing operational costs, improving administration processes, engaging with vendors, hiring and training employees, and monitoring financial activities.
The Business Manager will also assist, monitor, and advise on growth strategies, general development of company and departments as the role grows.
If this job seems like a fit, please email us your resume, salary requirements, and cover letter letting us know a little bit about you and why you think you’d thrive at Got Light!
- Oversee daily business operations inclusive of 5 departments, 7 direct reports, and 120 total team members.
- Manage administration, IT, facilities, logistics, human resources, and accounting services to support company operations.
- Weekly review of operations and sales to determine possible issues and opportunities.
- Formulate policies and procedures for departments as needed.
- Develop strategies to improve overall quality and productivity.
- Plan, coordinate and manage long term business operations to achieve goals.
- Schedule regular department head meetings to discuss business updates, issues and recommendations.
- Provide direction and guidance to employees in their assigned job duties.
- Train and develop department managers and staff.
- Ensure that employees follow company policies and procedures.
- Evaluate employee performance and productivity.
- Be a beacon for employee concerns/feedback.
- Formulate and audit job descriptions and training programs.
- Assist in employee recruitment, training, performance evaluation, promotion and termination activities.
- Manage orientations and exit interviews for employees.
- Assist in budget preparation and expense management activities.
- Oversee and manage budgets for a 5 department operation in tandem with Director of Accounting.
- Manage operational costs while increasing profits.
- Create/establish detailed Job Costing analysis to better identify profitability.
- Analyze efficiency to increase profitability.
- Hold monthly strategy meetings with owners to discuss and target future growth and future planning.
- Generate reports to Owners on a weekly basis
- Assemble annual company-wide presentations (Yearly Kickoffs).
- Additional tasks as directed and/or as created by this position.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU!
- BS/BA in Business or relevant field; MS/MA is a plus.
- Proven experience as a General Manager or similar executive role.
- Proven success in running and growing medium sized business.
- Experience in planning and budgeting.
- Knowledge of business planning methods and procedures necessary for financial and operational success.
- Strong human relations/communication skills, with a positive attitude.
- Outstanding organizational, leadership, and problem solving skills.
- Sense of humor mandatory!
- High level of energy, intuition, and passion for the company’s product, culture, and people.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills, including active listening, written and presentation.
- Immaculate organization, bordering on anal-retentive behaviors and tendencies.
- Innovative and creative thinker.
- Google Drive/Google Docs Nerd!
- Proficient with computer systems including but not limited to MS Office, FileMaker, ADP, & Google Suite.
- Comfortable dealing with complex issues, negotiations.
- Experience in working with diverse populations.
WHAT WE OFFER!
- This is a Full-time Exempt position.
- Salary is based on work experience.
- Got Light offers 15 days PTO per year plus paid holidays.
- Got Light offers medical, dental, vision, and chiropractic benefits.
- For qualified employees, we currently offer a matching 401k plan.
Got Light is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status, protected medical condition or any other basis as defined by state, federal or local law. Got Light provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in both the hiring process and during employment as required by applicable federal, state and local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment any qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
This is a management position
This is a full-time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs