Event Production Company Seeking Audio Visual Sales Manager
Got Light applies a fresh approach to lighting, audio, video, staging, and drape in the special event, tech, and wedding industry. We produce hundreds of events each year including some of the most notable events in the City, major opening parties, tech conferences, corporate meetings, and social galas. Our company promotes team-building and maintains high employee retention rates by consistently creating a fun and dynamic work environment.
ABOUT THIS JOB:
The AV Sales Manager, alongside a robust team of sales managers, technical producers, and designers will be responsible for the oversight and management of a select group of special event sales/designs, from preliminary intake to final contracted sale and fully executed design (concept to completion).
Position will be directly responsible for a selection of core company accounts and direct sales/warm leads from a variety of client avenues, covering a wide array of event types (corporate parties, general sessions, private dinners, cocktail mixers, galas, product launches, and more)
- Account management by responding to a high volume of phone, email, and web inquiries/leads.
- Process and quote 20-30 events per week with constant followup on warm and hot leads.
- Create and send clients proposals, quotes, revisions, and contracts.
- Coach clients with design process and final design selections.
- Make audio visual or other design recommendations for the customer by managing and interpreting their event requirements per written or verbal specifications.
- Send clients visual options/inspirations, catalogs, and sales upgrades, etc.
- Boost sales of optional upgrade items, elements, and offerings.
- Attend site inspections or office design meetings with potential clients at venue or in Got Light Office.
- Build ongoing relationships with Venues, Event Managers, Planners, and all potential persons in a position of bringing potential revenue to the company (includes attending industry related events, gatherings, tradeshows, or mixers).
- Correspond with clients & co-vendors on a regular basis to finalize crucial event details.
- Procure timelines, floor-plans, chicken scratch or diagrams for each event.
- Work closely with the Got Light Production & Design Team to streamline pre-production throughout the sales process.
- Support installation and onsite crew as needed with phone, email, and onsite assistance on logistics, design, plots, and finding creative solutions for crew in case of emergencies or problems onsite.
- Check-in on events to ensure smooth event operations with client, crew, and venue.
- Oversee & maintain 5-star customer service and procedures for the production of events, with emphasis on attention to detail, cleanliness, consistency, and etiquette.
- Maintain client retention by establishing repeat business and relationships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Knowledge of Lighting, Audio, Visual, & Production a must.
- Read & understand audio visual and lighting specifications.
- 1-3 years experience in a sales, event management, and/or special events.
- Prior sales experience in audiovisual, technology or hospitality preferred.
- Familiarity with the SF Bay Area event industry, venues, and players is a huge plus.
- College degree preferred, but a balance of audio visual skills and experience will be considered.
- Vast knowledge of the technology industry & audio visual products, and the ability to determine how these products align to meet our customers present and future needs.
- Competency in Microsoft Office, and ability to perform basic computer skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in written formats.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in working in a fast-paced environment, with movement from task to task.
- Filemaker Database knowledge is a plus.
- Must be willing to work long days, weekends, and holidays.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- This is a Full-time Exempt position.
- Salary is based on work experience.
- Got Light offers 15 days PTO per year plus paid holidays.
- Got Light offers medical, dental, vision, and chiropractic benefits.
- For qualified employees, we currently offer a matching 401k plan.
Got Light is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status, protected medical condition or any other basis as defined by state, federal or local law. Got Light provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in both the hiring process and during employment as required by applicable federal, state and local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment any qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
This is a management position
This is a full-time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs