Event Production Company Seeking Event Account Manager
Got Light applies a fresh approach to lighting, audio, video, staging, and drape in the special event, tech, and wedding industry. We produce hundreds of events each year including some of the most notable events in the City, major opening parties, large tech conferences, and social galas. Our company promotes team-building and maintains high employee retention rates by consistently creating a fun and dynamic work environment.
Make Art. Be Proud. Have Fun.
ABOUT THIS JOB:
The Special Event Account Manager/Designer will be responsible for the overall management of a wide variety of event sales and designs from preliminary intake, to final contracted sale and fully executed design. This position includes being involved in many facets of event design and technical production, from concept to completion, seeing the entire event process through from first inquiry to the date of the event.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- Account management by responding to a high volume of phone, email, and web inquiries/leads.
- Work closely with Production & Design Team to streamline pre-production throughout the sales process.
- Enter and catalog new sales into event database and process for outbound sales.
- Submit contracts, proposals, quotes, and revisions as needed.
- Coach clients with design process and final design selections.
- Send clients visual options/inspirations, catalogs, and sales upgrades, etc.
- Responsible for creating packaged sales and price lists to increase profitability.
- Attend site inspections or office design meetings with potential clients at venue or in Got Light Office.
- Responsible for the promotion of company services & products by reaching out to target markets, and developing future potential sales opportunities
- Build ongoing relationships with Venue, Event Managers, Planners, and all potential persons in a position of bringing potential revenue to the company (includes attending industry related events, gatherings, tradeshows, or mixers).
- Correspond with clients & co-vendors on a regular basis to finalize crucial event details.
- Procure timelines, floorplans, chicken scratch or diagrams for each event.
- Boost sales of optional upgrade items, elements, and offerings.
- Support field crew as needed with phone, email, and onsite assistance on logistics, design, plots, and finding creative solutions for crew in case of emergencies or problems onsite.
- Check-in on events to ensure smooth event operations with client, crew, and venue.
- Maintain client retention by establishing repeat business and relationships.
- Oversee & maintain 5-star customer service and procedures for the production of events, with emphasis on attention to detail, cleanliness, consistency, and etiquette.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master Got Light Signature Style of Customer Service (verbal & written correspondence and tone).
- Embody Got Light design standards, practices, and methodology.
- Master “sales” assembly and approach, along with mastering subtle up-selling and indirect up-selling through photos.
- Master office to production to shop to field work-flow.
- Master custom FileMaker system along with specific entry and upkeep methodology using custom events database system. Make suggestions for improvements or enhancements based on your direct FMP experience.
- Process & Quote 20-30 events per week with constant followup on cold and hot leads.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 1-3 years experience in a sales, event management, and/or special events.
- This position requires a valid driver’s license.
- A Minimum of an Associate's Degree, CMEP, or other such related degree, technical training, or certification.
- Familiarity with the San Francisco Bay Area market, venues, and players is a huge plus.
- We are a Mac environment, and you should be proficient with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Email, and database programs.
- Possess the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in written form required.
- Experience in working in a fast-paced environment, with movement from task to task.
- Will also consider candidates that have several years of experience in event/hospitality sales management.
- Knowledge of Lighting, Audio, Visual, & Production a huge plus.
- Filemaker Database knowledge is a plus.
- Must be willing to work long days, weekends, and holidays.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- This is a Full-time Exempt position plus commission.
- Salary is based on work experience.
- Got Light offers 15 days PTO per year plus 9 paid holidays.
- Got Light offers medical, dental, vision, and chiropractic benefits.
- For qualified employees, we currently offer a matching 401k plan.
Got Light is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status, protected medical condition or any other basis as defined by state, federal or local law. Got Light provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in both the hiring process and during employment as required by applicable federal, state and local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment any qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs