Gateway Group One provides service, and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is a National leading security services provider and customer care service provider. We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with our Customers. We promote from within our company and you can start with little or no security or customer care experience and become one of Gateway Group One’s many success stories.
- Assure that officers receive appropriate training, developing them in both technical and professional skills; also includes performance management (coaching, counseling, disciplining, performance evaluations, recognition, etc.)
- Assure that employee grievances are heard with help from appropriate district or region HR support employees and Operations Manager).
- Assist with the communication and enforcement of company and union policies
Enforcement of Contract Standards
- Assists Site Manager identify, meet and exceed the needs of the customer.
- Coordinate and/or conduct site-specific OJT, client specific training and annual refresher training for security personnel.
- Reconcile security logs against shift responsibilities and patrols; review incident reports prior to submitting to manager and coordinate preliminary investigations.
- Manage uniforms, equipment, supplies and vehicles utilized at the account, maintaining appropriate inventories and maintenance checklists.
- Enforce Gateway Group One policies as outlined in the handbooks and executive memos.
*/Security Officer Quality Standards:/ *
- Has a neat, professional appearance and comes to work in complete and clean assigned uniform.
- Has a friendly and professional demeanor and provides quality customer service.
- Is a good communicator (both verbal and written) and is capable of handling typical and crisis situations both efficiently.
- Understands and successfully executes his/her post orders including enforcement of client and company policies, rules and regulations.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Generally: one year of security experience and one year of supervisory experience o More advanced: BA or equivalent experience plus 3 years supervisory experience
- Computer literate (Microsoft Word, Excel, e-mail, internet, etc.)
- Good to excellent verbal and written skills
- Problem identification and solving skills
- Ability to make good decisions (judgement and common sense)
- Reliable transportation to get to work site
- Well-motivated, able to work well both independently and as part of a team
We deliver service excellence based on our commitment to be an employer of choice through comprehensive employee training, opportunities for advancement, providing superior benefits and a corporate culture of respect.
Gateway Group One companies employ over 4000 workers. Our workforce is as diverse as the regions we serve. We carefully screen and comprehensively train our employees, but most importantly we treat them with respect. That is why Gateway Group One companies have become major regional employers of choice and our employee turnover is far below the industry’s average.
Department: Security-NJ Transit Ops
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs