Green Powered Technology, LLC is an energy and engineering consulting firm based in Arlington, Virginia. We were established in 2010 with a vision of employing innovative solutions to sustainably manage the Earth’s resources and to meet society's needs. GPTech offers technical, financing, and private sector engagement expertise, furthering U.S. private sector expansion into emerging markets. We provide comprehensive client services from project inception to completion, by delivering solutions that improve operations and compliance, build institutional capacity, reduce risk, save money, enhance security and help our clients make more informed decisions about their energy and infrastructure investments.
We work across three practices areas, energy, infrastructure and development, to support clients, such as, Customs and Border Protection, U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA), Millennium Challenge Corporation, and the U.S. Agency for International Development.
Green Powered Technology (GPTech) is seeking an IT Support Specialist to provide information technology (IT) support to the home office and project offices. The IT Support Specialist will be responsible for the overall planning, development, and implementation of information technology systems and practices.
- Responsible for overall coordination of IT tasks for the home office and field staff.
- Install, support, or troubleshoot client software and hardware for employees.
- Serve as the first line of support for day-to-day IT issues for all employees, answering calls for support and scheduling regular check ins.
- Coordinate and track the use of all IT materials, maintaining an inventory of items in use and suggestions for future purchase.
- Develop network backup and recovery procedures while documenting applicable repair solutions for different systems.
- Support employees in the use of audio/visual technology (e.g., conference room setup) and conference technology (e.g., Slack, Zoom, Google Meets)
- Monitor corporate assets and networks to ensure it is operating efficiently and protected from external threats.
- Assist in making web content updates.
- Manage user access profiles in Microsoft Azure, Google Suites and other platforms.
- Monitor and help maintain network security following GPTech security policies.
- Work with internal teams and/or vendors to execute IT projects
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent in IT Systems, Computer Science, Information Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Two years of progressively responsible IT-focused role(s)
- Demonstrated knowledge of PC repair, troubleshooting, and liquidation
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, Slack, Box, Zoom, Zoho (or other CRM) and Gsuite
- Experience with networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP
- Experience resolving simple issues pertaining to network fundamentals
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software a plus
- A successful track record in setting priorities, using keen analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills that support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills, with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of individuals
- Ability to effectively explain complex IT concepts
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis but interested parties are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Finalists will be contacted. No telephone inquiries, please.
Green Powered Technology, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. It Is our policy to provide equal employment to all qualified persons without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under state and federal law. Employment may be contingent upon a successful completion of a background check and/or security clearance.
This is a non-management position
This is a regular part time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs