Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen, or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Nestled snugly in the heart of Deer Valley in Utah's Wasatch Mountains, the Goldener Hirsch Inn and Residences is just steps from the Silver Lake Express lift and ski access. You can also easily set off hiking, and biking on the trails, and soak in the breathtaking views of Bald Eagle Mountain. The Inn features just 18 rooms, and the Residences showcases 49 newly renovated rooms, allowing us to offer you the ultimate in intimate, personalised service alongside five-star amenities--including European king beds, plush robes and slippers, and an acclaimed restaurant consistently attracting rave reviews.
Named after the Hotel Goldener Hirsch in Salzburg, Austria, the Goldener Hirsch Inn is Deer Valley’s premier small luxury hotel. It opened in 1991 by the Countess Harriet Walderdorff, the grand dame who changed Europe's sense of "Luxury accommodations" from overt extravagance to a casual, yet sophisticated style. Her introductions to the same Austrian furniture makers as the original hotel inspired the hotel's décor and ambience. We love her style, and we know you will, too.
We create individual experiences for our guests, and focus on exceptional guest service and minute attention to detail. This has earned our Deer Valley luxury hotel numerous awards and ensures you feel like the VIPs you are--from the moment you arrive, and even beyond your departure.
Come and enjoy our award-winning restaurant which has earned a wide range of accolades including Best of State in 2016, “Extraordinary” from Zagat, and Top Restaurant recognitions from Condé Nast Traveler, Salt Lake Magazine, The Park Record and Salt Lake Tribune.
Relax and refresh by the fire in the AlpenStubé after a day of skiing, hiking, mountain biking, or shopping--or retreat to the secluded third floor lounge for delicious steaming hot chocolate and decadently warm cookies.
Most recently, the Hirsch was again selected by the World Ski Awards in 2020 as the Best Ski Boutique Hotel in the United States. The Goldener Hirsch has been a AAA Four Diamond awardee since 2008. We strive to provide you the dedicated service that continues to earn these awards.
The Restaurant Food and Beverage Manager is responsible for the direction and management of the Restaurant and Bar in accordance with Goldener Hirsch Standards. This person will direct, implement and maintain a service standard and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective team members. They are responsible for all facets of their areas including, but not limited to, revenue achievement, cost control, payroll management, purchasing, receiving, budgeting, forecasting, team development, maintaining standards and supporting all other departments of the hotel. This person will work closely with the Executive Chef for menu training and knowledge, sequence of service between F&B and Culinary team and overall flow of restaurant operations.
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
- All menu selections available in all outlets.
- The department’s financial standing at all times (month-to-date and year-to-date).
- The Bar, Restaurant, Private Dining Rooms, and Patio layouts, table/seat/station numbers, proper table set-ups, room capacities, hours of operation, price ranges, and dress code.
- POS and manual procedures.
- Daily house counts, arrivals/departures, GOIs.
- Scheduled in-house group activities, locations and times.
- Daily/weekly management of missed punches, punch edits and weekly gratuity management per Goldener Hirsch policy and Utah law.
- Team Member handbook: enforce and adhere to Goldener Hirsch policies.
- Maintain complete knowledge and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- See that scheduled inventories (food, beverage, china, glass, silver & linen) are accurately performed.
- Approve all Food & Beverage invoices. Ensure that invoices are coded correctly and are forwarded to the Accounting Office in a timely manner.
- Manage BEOs accurately and in a timely manner from initiation to execution, partnering with appropriate business partners.
- Ensure that all revenues and costs are within budgeted parameters.
- Review sales; resolve discrepancies with accounting. Track revenue against budget. Track labor and costs against the budget.
- Write and review staff schedules. Ensure that they are in accordance with anticipated business demands.
- Lead all pre-shift meetings and ensure these are being executed daily.
- Approve all non-food and non-beverage, F&B Coded purchase orders.
- Monitor service standards compliance, F&B operations, and staff performance in all phases of service and job functions, ensuring that all procedures are carried out to department standards; rectify any deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Responsible for all F&B Team staff performance evaluations, making sure they are completed in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with the Executive Chef on all menus; this is to include: development, presentation, pricing, pre-implementation tasting, and implementation.
- Inspect all aspects of the F&B environment, ensuring compliance with standards of cleanliness and order. Direct respective personnel to rectify deficiencies.
- Review all reservations, check for VIPs and special requests. Ensure that staff is informed.
- Be familiar with all resort service/features and local attractions and activities to respond accurately to any guest inquiry.
- Monitor and handle guest complaints and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Monitor guest reactions and confer frequently with service staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Conduct appropriate daily, weekly, monthly staff meetings.
- Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and team morale.
- Assist with the development of annual F&B budget; this is to include: average checks (food, liquor/beer and wine) and cover counts by outlet and by meal period, labor (staffing guides) by department, cost of sale percentages, and other expenses.
- Set average usage and needs for china/glass/silver & linen for F&B venues.
- Collect information to track monthly interdepartmental transfers. Forward to the Accounting Office.
- Stay current on industry trends and competition.
- Take necessary steps to ensure achievement of all financial goals.
- Assist with determination of banquet pricing to include room rental fees, food and beverage cost, corkage charges, etc.
- Participate in and support resort and company efforts towards sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- Attend designated meetings, menu and wine tastings. Lead daily line-ups.
- Stay current on Goldener Hirsch wine list.
- Expedite on the floor or in the kitchen as business demands.
- Maintain china, glass, silver and F&B linen inventory spreadsheet, updating price changes monthly.
- Attend off-property events as Goldener Hirsch representative.
- Ability to enforce resort’s standards, policies and procedures with/through F&B staff.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments; delegate work and follow-up as necessary to receive desired results.
- Ability to direct performance of the F&B team and follow up with corrections where needed.
- Ability to motivate the F&B team and develop and maintain a cohesive team.
- Ability to ascertain training needs and provide the F&B team appropriate training.
- Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems, exercising good judgment.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to suggestively sell menu items, beverages, and wines; and train F&B team members to do the same.
- Ability to input and access information into the POS system.
- Ability to interact positively with intoxicated and/or problem guests.
- Ability to exert physical effort in transporting equipment and wares.
- Ability to endure abundant physical movements in carrying out job duties.
- Ability to ensure the security and confidentiality of guest and resort information.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Participate in and support hotel and company efforts towards sustainability and environmental initiatives as part of the Goldener Hirsch Green Team program.
- Knowledge of Agilisys, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office software.
- Knowledge of the local geographic area, competitors, and business trends.
- Knowledge of destination, activities, food & beverage and spa
- Knowledge of Agilisys, gourmet food and beverage background, knowledge of (high-end) industry publications, and customer service skills
- Ability to work flexible schedules, to include weekends, evenings, and holidays as needed for the benefit of departmental coverage.
- Bilingual: English and Spanish
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in food and beverage management.
- Two years experience as an Assistant Food & Beverage Manager or Banquet Manager, preferably at a Forbes Five Star (or equivalent) resort.
- Current manager’s food handling certificate.
- Current manager’s On-Premise Alcohol Service certification.
- Knowledge of various food services styles
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and coworkers to their understanding.
- Ability to communicate legibly.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Familiarity with food/beverage and labor cost control.
- Strong knowledge of wines, with focus on Napa Valley and California wineries and appellations.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Resort Management or Business Management.
- Previous experience in food service, preferably front- and back-of-house.
- Ability to communicate in a language other than English, preferable French, German or Spanish.
- Certification of previous training in liquor, wine, and food service.
- Certification in CPR.
- Computer training, preferably in Agilisys, HMS, Hot SOS, and Google Suite.
- Certification in management training.
- Previous guest relations training.
- Some off property venues
- Travel in winter through snow & ice
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting the property.
- A constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 25 lbs. frequently
- Vision requirements: the constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms’ reach.
- Hearing requirements: the constant need to speak on the telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to the general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then apply today and take the first step towards becoming part of our family.
Goldener Hirsch is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Goldener Hirsch provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Goldener Hirsch complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
NOTE: A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.
This is a management position
This is a full time position