Goodwill Redwood Empire serves Sonoma, Napa, Lake, Mendocino, Humboldt and Trinity counties. Our mission: Changing lives and strengthening communities through the dignity and power of work. We provide vocational rehabilitation and habilitation services, such as job counseling, job training, and work experience, to unemployed and underemployed persons, persons with disabilities and persons who have a job market disadvantage because of lack of education, job skill, or experience.
POSITION TITLE: E-commerce Support
This position has a starting pay of $15.20 per hour
PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO: None.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB: Under the general direction of the E-commerce Manager, the E-commerce Support identifies, selects, sorts, photographs and posts donated items for sale online. Duties are performed in a manner that maximizes efficiency. E-Commerce Support is also responsible for additional packaging, labeling and shipping of merchandise sold online, using proper packing methods to ensure its safe arrival.
RESPONSIBILITIES - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Select quality items, as directed, to post online.
- Research the value of the item using established procedures.
- Photograph selected items with a digital camera and download photos to PC.
- Edit photos, using various editing software programs, to ensure an accurate portrayal of item.
- Write an accurate and meaningful description of item, focusing on details that would be helpful to a potential buyer.
- Post photos and descriptions onto the auction website following all set procedures and auction site rules.
- Select, sort and post items to our Amazon & ShopGoodwill.com stores using established procedures.
- Help maintain inventory systems, including stocking posted books and purging non-sellable items as directed.
- Maintain a clean, well organized work and inventory storage area to maximize efficiency and control quality.
- Meet assigned production and/or sorting goals.
- Maintain and submit production records as requested.
- Properly pack items sold on the auction site.
- Prepare shipping labels and create shipping manifests.
- Provide relief in other department sections as needed.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other job duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Manager.
- Demonstrated ability in book sorting procedures and techniques, or have the ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to meet or exceed daily production goals.
- Ability to work independently, under minimal supervision.
- Solid knowledge of books, including authors; rare and collectibles knowledge is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently as part of a team.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and supervisors.
- Ability to complete basic forms.
- Ability to organize large quantities of packing supplies.
- Ability to perform functions on a PC computer.
- Ability to learn or identify unique and collectible items and antiques.
- Current ability, or the ability to learn, to operate a digital camera.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Exposure to low level noise. Temperate climate. Overhead lighting. Interaction with the general public. May be exposed to moderate levels of dust.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to stand, walk, sit, talk, hear, type, reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision. Ability to sit at a desk, type and enter data at a computer monitor for up to 8 hours a day, with routine rest and meal breaks. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Ability to place items on shelves by bending at the waist, reaching overhead, squatting or kneeling depending on shelf height. Ability to move items using a hand truck or 4-wheel cart. Ability to stand up to 8 hours a day, constant bending and stooping, frequent reaching above head, occasional kneeling, fine and gross manual dexterity.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: E-commerce Manager
Minorities and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
Department: Retail Stores
This is a full-time position