GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. (GZA) is seeking Geotechnical Engineering Interns to join our team in the technical execution of transportation, building, dam, energy infrastructure and marine engineering projects. The successful candidates will work under the direction of senior level engineers and to perform engineering services on a variety of projects.
Primary responsibilities may include:
- Conducting subsurface investigation of soil in connection with foundation construction projects Data evaluation and interpretation;
- Engineering analysis/technical calculations;
- Writing drafts of field and engineering reports and specifications;
- Observing construction activities to monitor progress and conformance with plans and specifications.
- Position may include out-of-town travel.
Qualified candidates will have, at a minimum, college coursework in civil engineering and interest in pursuing geotechnical engineering. Coursework or other knowledge of soil mechanics, deep and shallow foundation design, earth retaining structures design, or slope stability analysis is preferred.
Qualified candidates must have means of traveling to/from project sites.
- Applicants must be self-motivated,
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Proficient in the use of standard office software such as Microsoft Office products
- Ability to perform field tasks and activities.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD preferred but not necessary.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Individuals must be capable of interacting in a professional manner with clients.
GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. is an Affirmative/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs