GZA’s Manhattan office has an opening for a Geotechnical Senior Project Manager to successfully execute all aspects of projects under the guidance and supervision of a company Principal. The successful candidate will represent the company through client relationships, have an established area of expertise, be willing to mentor and represent the company at external conferences. A Senior Project Manager with GZA has a strong background managing the technical and financial performance of projects. A Senior Project Manager for GZA represents our most Senior Project Managers have ownership opportunities with the firm and the potential for advancement to principal levels.
Typical Duties May Include:
- Providing internal technical guidance in area of expertise.
- Internal and client communications
- Managing project team, delegating to office and field staff and executing day to day activities of projects
- Monitoring team performance for compliance with contractual agreements and budgets
- Overseeing and execution of technical design deliverables in accordance with our QA/QC guidelines
- Preparing proposals and reviewing/writing geotechnical deliverables with Principal guidance and review
- Staff training and staff reviews
- Managing project contractual and financial issues
- Providing business development support
- Active participation in professional organizations
Typical Duties May Include:
- Manage and mentor GZA existing staff of staff-level and project-level engineers
- Monitoring and documenting geotechnical aspects of construction projects
- Conducting/reviewing technical analyses/calculations
- Participating in meetings and agency consultation
- Developing construction plans and specifications
- Preparing construction cost/quantity estimates
- Performing and overseeing geotechnical computer modeling.
- Instrumentation, deep excavation support systems and urban geotechnical design experience desirable.
- Site compliance inspections and occasional Special Inspection as P.E.
- Bachelor’s degree and Master’s degree in Civil Engineering required
- 8-12 years of relevant experience since college graduation
- Experienced computer skills using MS Office and geotechnical engineering software
- Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills
- Experience with financial project management
- Demonstrated delegation, leadership, and team building skills
- Experience in execution and management of multiple office and field tasks
- P.E. required, New York preferred.
- Out of town assignments may be expected.
About our GZA Manhattan Office:
- Leadership Training
- Convenient Midtown Location
- Professional development and enrichment
- Exciting and friendly work environment
- Technical training
- Generous benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and 401K retirement plan
- Professional society involvement and sponsorship
- Commitment to technical excellent and client relationships
- Collaborative and cooperative work community
- Ownership opportunity
- Commuting allowance
- Financial and travel opportunity for technical paper publication or presentation
- Eligible for annual performance bonus
GZA is an employee-owned multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm with a history of more than 50 years of providing innovative engineering solutions to improve the natural and built environment. We are an ENR Top 500 Design firm focused on geotechnical, environmental, water, ecological, and construction management services. With a staff of interrelated professionals dedicated to providing high-level expertise on complex projects above, below and at ground-level, GZA’s experts provide seamless integration across practice areas, client type, and location.
GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. is an Affirmative/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs