The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities in assisting with technical execution of projects under the supervision of project managers:
• Perform routine and specialty field tasks potentially including wetland delineation and stream evaluation, botanical investigations, soils investigation, wildlife and aquatic habitat evaluations, faunal surveys, site reconnaissance and explorations, and construction observation.
• Prepare reports and recommendations based upon field studies.
• Develop permit applications.
• Present permit applications to regulatory authorities.
• Manage assigned tasks as part of larger projects.
• Field and office QA/QC responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Natural Resources, Biology, Ecology, or related discipline required; Master’s degree preferred.
• 3+ years’ experience in wetland delineation, natural resource evaluation, GPS data collection and ecological permitting. Experience with processing of GPS field data and preparation of GIS mapping exhibits is preferred.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to prepare clear and concise letters, memoranda, technical reports, proposals, and figures.
• Experience with erosion and sedimentation control applications is desired. Completion of the NYSDEC 4-Hour Erosion and Sediment Control Training preferred.
• Knowledge of USACE, EPA, and various state and local regulations pertaining to the permitting of new projects is preferred.
• Ability to work independently and as a member a team.
• Strong time management, coordination, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
• Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel locally and regionally for this position. Field work can occur year-round and in all weather conditions.
GZA is an employee-owned multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm with a history of more than 50 years of providing innovative engineering solutions to improve the natural and built environment. We are an ENR Top 500 Design firm focused on geotechnical, environmental, water, ecological, and construction management services. With a staff of interrelated professionals dedicated to providing high-level expertise on complex projects above, below and at ground-level, GZA’s experts provide seamless integration across practice areas, client type, and location.
GZA values diversity and is committed to providing an accepting and inclusive work environment for all employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. GZA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.
GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. is an Affirmative/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.
Department: Natural Resources/Permitting
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs