Ready for a life-changing career? Ready to work with a great team that is able to help so many people in our communities. Look no further than a career with Hospice of Havasu, this is an organization where your great care and compassion will make a difference every day.
We offer excellent benefits for full time employment including medical with an HSA, dental, vision, term life insurance, voluntary life insurance, 401(K), tuition reimbursement, vacation, PTO, and award-winning Wellness program.
Hospice of Havasu is serving more patients and families each day, and we are now adding to our all of our teams. If this is what you are looking for, come join our caring team!
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
- The Information Technology Director is responsible for the management, strategy, and delivery of IT services for Hospice of Havasu. The Director provides strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation and coordination of the management and maintenance of the organization’s IT systems. The Director manages personnel activities of IT staff; hires, trains, coaches, appraises, rewards, motivates, disciplines, and recommends termination as necessary. This position carries supervisory responsibilities.
- Ensure that Hospice philosophy of care as defined by state and federal regulations is appropriately implemented.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, develop, implement, and manage Hospice of Havasu’s IT environment.
- Maintain network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis; troubleshooting system hardware, software, and operating systems; escalating application problems to vendor.
- Oversee the operation of server systems.
- Secure IT infrastructure by developing system access controls, monitoring, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; performing back-ups; archiving critical agency files and documentation.
- Identify new technology solutions.
- Upgrade systems by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Accomplish organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Oversee technical support for agency-wide computer systems and software ensuring hardware/software is patched and/or updated.
- Monitor and control user access to network resources.
- Confer with users to investigate problems, provide technical assistance, and maintain/troubleshoot computers, printers, copiers, and fax machines.
- Maintain inventory for all computer hardware, software and licensure.
- Financially manage the IT Department; prepare annual budget, schedule hardware, software, and equipment purchases; control departmental spending.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; attending professional conferences and/or seminars.
- Develop training materials and procedures, and/or train users in the proper use of hardware and software.
- Motivate, lead, and direct IT staff.
- Prepare and present annual job performance evaluations for IT staff.
- Assist HR with updating job descriptions for IT staff.
- Create, administer and evaluate goals for the IT Department.
- Develop and document IT policies and procedures.
- Provide continuing education for IT staff.
- Identify problems, recommend and implement solutions.
- Participate in agency committees.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively as a part of a team to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Keep the Executive Director fully informed.
- Fluent in the English language.
- Ability to position self to move about, ascend, descend or traverse, transport, operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect or detect, perceive, identify, recognize, observe, inspect and assess are required. Ability to convey, communicate, speak clearly and exchange information, converse with, discern, and express oneself.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or HealthCare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner (HCISSP) highly desired.
- Four years of job related Information Technology experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience providing IT solutions in a clinical environment preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge in hospice philosophy.
- Thorough understanding of networked computer environment.
- Principles and methods for teaching and instruction to individuals and groups.
- IT industry standard computer concepts, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge and support of agency’s safety and OSHA policies.
- Understanding of HIPAA Privacy Standards and related agency policies.
- Knowledge and experience in information of privacy laws, access, and release of information.
- Demonstrated understanding and compliance with agency policies, including but not limited to documentation, continuing education, work schedules and required HR documents, State and Federal policies and procedures, laws and regulations.
- Patient’s Rights.
- Customer Service Principles.
Skills and Ability:
- Structure and content of English language including the meaning and spelling of words, alphabetization, rules of composition and grammar.
- Calculate general math computations.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office applications.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution.
- Utilize proper body mechanics and safe working techniques.
Demonstrated Behavioral Competencies:
- Manage stress in a healthy way.
- Work with diverse social and economic situations without imposing own values.
- Maintain professional boundaries with patients, families, community and staff.
- Sensitivity to others.
- Sensitivity to confidential matters.
- Acceptance of diversity.
- Maintain cultural competency and humility.
- Ethical and honest.
- Self-Management with minimal supervision.
- Relate effectively with patients, physicians, community and institutions etc.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs