Ready for a life-changing career? Ready to work with a great team that is able to help so many people in our communities. Look no further than a career with Hospice of Havasu, this is an organization where your great care and compassion will make a difference every day.
We offer excellent benefits for full time employment including medical with an HSA, dental, vision, term life insurance, voluntary life insurance, 401(K), tuition reimbursement, vacation, PTO, and award-winning Wellness program.
Hospice of Havasu is serving more patients and families each day, and we are now adding to our all of our teams. If this is what you are looking for, come join our caring team!
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
- This position is directly responsible for providing end-of-life, in-patient services for Polidori House’s six patient unit with 24-hour, day-to-day operations accountability. Clinical services are provided under the direction of the Hospice Medical Director and/or Hospice Physician in accordance with the patient’s plan of care. The Polildori House Director will assume responsibility for staffing, scheduling, planning, organizing, developing, implementing and managing Polildori House. The Director manages personnel activities of clinical staff (i.e. hires, trains, coaches, appraises, rewards, motivates, disciplines, and recommends termination as necessary. The Polidori House Director will provide clinical services within his/her scope of practice. The Director is responsible to operate and furnish patient services in compliance with all applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations related to the health and safety of Polidori House patients. This position carries supervisory responsibilities.
- Ensure that Hospice philosophy of care as defined by State and Federal regulation is appropriately implemented.
- Will comply with the Arizona Nurse Practice Act.
- Provide care consistent with the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization standards of practice.
- Ensure adherence to agency policies and procedures by clinical staff.
- Ensure that all physicians’ orders are current and being followed by nursing personnel.
- Responsible for staffing, organizing and coordinating patient care 24- hours a day, maintaining staffing levels in compliance of regulations.
- Collaborate in the recruitment, orientation, and training of staff.
- Provide supervisory functions and evaluations for Polidori House staff including annual performance evaluations etc.
- Assist HR with updating job descriptions for clinical staff as requested.
- Attend and ensure that Polidori House staff attends required education sessions in a timely manner.
- Act as a resource to hospice staff, patient’s, family members and attending physicians regarding pain and symptom management measures.
- Collaborate in patient assessments for admission criteria, referral and discharge.
- Communicate patient changing needs and plan of care to team members involved in that care, utilizing minimum necessary use of PHI and conditions of access.
- Collaborate with the patient’s attending physician, communicating the patient’s wishes and status.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively as part of team to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Act as a liaison to physicians in the community and provide for consultation and education to colleagues related to admission criteria for hospice.
- Ensure that Patients’ Rights outlined in regulation are applied to every patient the same.
- Ensure that the dietary needs of the patient are met.
- Provide dietary counseling when indicated.
- Attend and provide guidance to the interdisciplinary team (IDT) and Ethics Committee in the resolution of conflict and ethical issues when indicated.
- Provide for cost effective use of resources while providing outcome oriented quality patient care.
- Develop strategies to enhance community awareness of Polidori House services.
- Assist in the development of clinical protocols, emergency care procedures and patient care policies.
- Develop annual budget, manage weekly and daily financial processes including purchasing and payroll.
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives and programs identifying opportunities for improvement in patient care and safety.
- Provide a Life Safety, fire-safe environment for employees, patients, volunteers, and visitors.
- Maintain a safe, clean, clutter-free environment.
- Ensure that Polidori House is maintained, safe and free of hazards or unsafe conditions.
- Comply with infection control policies and procedures at all times.
- Make corrections to unsafe environments or practices in a timely manner.
- Keep the Executive Director fully informed.
- Fluent in the English language.
- Ability to position self to move about, ascend, descend or traverse, transport, operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect or detect, perceive, identify, recognize, observe, inspect and assess are required. Ability to convey, communicate, speak clearly and exchange information, converse with, discern, and express oneself.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduation from and accredited R.N. program required.
- B.S.N or experience equivalent required.
- CHPN certification required within 6 months of hire.
- Current Arizona R.N. license.
- Current CPR and First Aid training.
- Three years nursing management or supervisory experience, including evaluation of patient care, budget preparation and resource utilization.
- Hospice experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge in hospice philosophy, medical aspects of hospice care including recent research, trends and pain and symptom management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing practice.
- Business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation and leadership techniques.
- Information and practices needed to treat human diseases including treatment alternatives, palliative care, drug properties and interactions.
- Knowledge and support of agency’s safety and OSHA policies.
- Understanding of HIPAA Privacy Standards and related agency policies.
- Demonstrated understanding and compliance with agency policies, including but not limited to documentation, continuing education, work schedules and required HR documents, State and Federal policies and procedures, laws and regulations.
- Patient’s Rights.
- Advance Directives.
Skills and Ability:
- Structure and content of English language including the meaning and spelling of words, alphabetization, rules of composition and grammar.
- Calculate general math computations.
- Demonstrated skills in administrative performance, including written and oral communication, supervision of staff, documentation requirements, service coordination and case management.
- Moderate computer skills in Microsoft Office applications.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution.
- Utilize proper body mechanics and safe working techniques.
- Cope with multiple losses; manage stress in a healthy way.
- Work with diverse social and economic situations without imposing own values.
- Maintain professional boundaries with patients, families, community and staff.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Sensitivity to others.
- Sensitivity to confidential matters.
- Acceptance of diversity.
- Maintain cultural competency and humility.
- Ethical and honest.
- Self-Management with minimal supervision.
This is a full time position
Licensure required:: RN License
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs