Hawk Auto is growing and we need a FT Counter Person to complete our Warehouse Downers Grove team.
Parts Counter Person essential duties:
- Assist all customers (retail and shop) in selecting required parts in a friendly, professional, and efficient manner
- Inform customers of companion part requirements and specials, and ensure that the customer us exposed to the full product line
- Answer phone calls, providing price quotes and other information and providing a high level of service
- Notify the parts manager of any safety issues
- Notify the service advisor and the customer when special ordered parts have been received
- Help put away and process morning order
- Look up and sell parts to all customers: shop, over the counter, wholesale, and by phone
- Follow up with wholesale customers on possible sales
- Fill and stay on top of assorted bulk items (coolant, trans-fluid, windshield washer solvent, oil filters, etc.)
- Follow up on back ordered parts
- Pull and fill orders from stock
- Provide high level service to internal and external customers
- Ensure that all customers receive their copy of the invoice
- Keep front and rear counter areas clean and uncluttered
- Participate in all training programs that are made available
- Keep current on new products and product updates
- Maintain professional appearance and adhere to company dress code
Parts Counter Person Competencies:
**Experience with parts sales required.**
- Standing, walking, and sitting are regularly required.
- Stooping and squatting may be requirements of this position.
- Lifting of light, moderate, to heavy and initial pushing/pulling parts are required frequently. Reaching below, at, and above shoulder level is required occasionally.
- Ordinary conversational talking and hearing are required constantly.
- Other talking and hearing are required frequently for telephone calls, intercom, and beeper calls. Seeing requiring near and far acuity, the ability to adjust focus, and depth perception is required frequently in dealing with customers and obtaining the correct parts.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 60 lbs.
Hawk Auto is proud to be an automotive leader in our community. We offer competitive pay plans designed to take care of top performers. We are a group of fast paced technologically advanced dealerships.If you are looking for a long term home and a great opportunity then apply today!
EEOC employer. Employment offers are conditional until successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including background check, drug screening and MVR check
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position