Hawk Chevrolet in Bridgeview is seeking an experienced Journeyman Technician!!!
It is a full time Local 701 Union position; Welfare, Pension and 401k Funds are available. Come and join our team in a fast paced/good traffic flow dealership with a clean, safe, and state-of-the-art environment to work in. Extensive training is available to those who are career focused!
We might also consider retaining your eligible vacation days.
- Perform work specified on maintenance and repair orders with efficiency and in accordance with dealership and/or General Motors standards
- Diagnose and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical, steering, suspension, braking, air conditioning, etc. to specification
- Provide labor and time estimates for additional automotive repairs
- Explain mechanical diagnoses and required repairs in a non-technical manner to service advisors and customers
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing technology.
- Inspect and test new vehicles and recording findings so that necessary repairs can be made.
As a Journeyman Technician (Automotive Mechanic), you should be experienced and aware of the latest automotive technologies and be a persistent problem solver. We have determined some factors that may enable your success as an Automotive Technician:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as an journeyman technician
- Experience with automatic transmission and diesel is a plus
- Valid Journeyman Card
- Hold a minimum of 3 Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certifications
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Team oriented, flexible, and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service
- Working knowledge of shop equipment such as wheel and tire equipment, alignment system, diagnostic equipment, AC equipment, etc.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position