CHEMEHUEVI INDIAN TRIBE
P. O. Box 1976
Havasu Lake, CA 92363
Tribal Employment Rights Office (TERO): Phone (760) 858-5100
INDIAN PREFERENCE POLICY: Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act of 1934 (Title 25, USC, Section 472).
STATUS: Permanent/Part Time/Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Gaming Surveillance
REPORTS TO: Gaming Surveillance Lead Officer
Salary Range: $12.16 per hour
Closing Date: January 26, 2018, in house applicants will be considered until January 19, 2018
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Protect the integrity of the assets of the Chemehuevi Indian Tribes Gaming Enterprises
- Use and maintain a working knowledge of closed circuit video surveillance system.
- Protection of property of the Havasu Landing Resort and Casino customers, staff and vendors.
- Detect violations of the Tribal Gaming Compact and Tribal Ordinance as they relate to gaming.
- Conduct surveillance of all recorded areas of the Gaming Facility and assist Security in monitoring for criminal conduct and unusual or suspicious activities.
- Conduct random surveillance of daily activities relating to any connection with the financial aspects of the Gaming Facility, i.e. Slot Operations, Table Games, Cage/Vault Operations, Count/Drop Operations, Impressed Banks, etc.
- Monitor surveillance room and attend to surveillance equipment or procedural breaches.
- Prepare detailed written reports documenting surveillance observations.
- Prepare requested visual evidence and maintain appropriate records system for Tribal Gaming Commission review.
- Assist in special investigations by conducting targeted surveillance as required.
- Be familiar with regulations and internal controls of various departments.
- Control access to the surveillance room in accordance with established guidelines.
- Maintain strict confidentiality relating to known affairs of the Department, the Tribal Gaming Commission, the Gaming Facility Operations and their employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- High School Diploma/GED (preferred).
- Computer Skills (Microsoft Word).
- Law Enforcement/Security Experience or related fields.
- Casino Surveillance Experience (slots and table games) preferred.
- Pass a pre-employment drug test and submit to background check.
- Comply with Drug-Free Workplace Policy.
- Ability to attend occasional evening or weekend meetings.
- Ability to work nights and weekends and travel on occasion.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Department: Chemehuevi Tribe
This is a full time position