Resident Aide-Winter Shelter
Are you a person who enjoys working within the community? Do you enjoy serving those less fortunate? Have you worked with the homeless population or mentally ill? Are you looking for an entry level opportunity in Human Service or Social Work? If you answered yes, we would love to meet you!
At Shelterhouse, we serve the adult homeless population offering them shelter, food and case management services. Our Winter Shelter is open during the cold months of the year and is open to ALL homeless people. We are looking for temporary, seasonal help to help run our cold shelter.
So why work here? Let me tell you!
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salaries
- Schedules are 3/12 hr days which gives you flexibility to work other jobs or simply have more time off!
- Evening trainings for those that cannot attend during the day
- A challenging work environment that will keep you on your toes and ensure you are never bored
- A rewarding career that allows you to give back to your community
What do we want from you?
- A desire to work with the homeless population
- Dependability. Our Winter Shelter requires staff to work 3-12 hr days per week so it is essential that we have reliable people to work these shifts.
- Team player. We work with small groups of co-workers, we need everyone to pull their weight and help make the facility operate.
- Empathy. We serve people from various walks of life, with very different circumstances that lead them to homelessness. We need employees that are judgement free and can show empathy for all situations.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must be able to work with computers
- Must be able to walk/stand for long period of time
*Review Employee Handbook for eligibility and restrictions
This is a non-management position
This is a seasonal position