Performs specialized administrative and clerical support work including providing support for partnering agencies and staff. Ensuring all office transactions are executed according to current Center policies and procedures. Works closely with Accounting Department to ensure all financial transactions, as they relate to approved purchases are paid according to Center policies and procedures. Work involves composing correspondence; assisting in preparing data for reports; and maintaining effective working relations with the public. Works under the general supervision of the program Directors, and is allowed limited latitude in planning and arranging work according to unit needs. Work involves the application of advanced knowledge and independent judgment in fulfilling the job responsibilities. Works with veterans and their family members as well as stakeholders of the Veterans One Stop and staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication with clients, employees, and external agencies
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, and fax/scan/copy
- Including but not limited to: receiving and distributing mail, filing, answering a multi-lined telephone system, taking messages, delivering messages, maintaining appointment schedules, and writing.
- Conducts initial Financial Assessments for consumers seeking services and enters into Center's Financial Assessment software. Ensures phone numbers and addresses are updated in the CABS system and FA database.
- Prepares vouchers and purchase orders for supplies, for case workers, etc.
- Develops, coordinates, and maintain record keeping system.
- Must display excellent organizational skills and time management
- 10% local travel
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, keyboarding for prolonged periods and lifting 30 pounds
- Ability to be SAMA and CPR certified
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel and ability export reports to excel
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED or Associate Degree
- 1 year of clerical experience in professional office or similar setting
Hours: 8AM-5PM M-F
Salary: $23,000 annually/$11.0577 hourly
Location: 2010 LaSalle Ste A, Waco, Texas 76701
Department: Veterans One Stop
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs