This Position is responsible for providing oversight of peer related services in the veteran’s services program and ensures achievement of all grant and contract agreement requirements. The position requires skills in volunteer management as well as program development. Marketing and establishing new community partnerships are a critical to recruitment and program growth. This person will promote an atmosphere conducive to cooperation and collaborative work among staff and volunteers which fosters morale, personnel development, program growth, and high quality of clinical care.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure compliance of all contract elements as well as agency, state, and federal requirements.
- Provides oversight of peer related services in the veteran’s services program.
- Serves as the agency representative in all community collaborative related to veteran and/or other peer programming. Maintains cooperative working relationships with community and state services agencies in order to ensure coordination of services to clients. Recruits new volunteers to the program as well as works to establish and enhance veteran resources.
- Provides supervision of the Assistant Peer Service Coordinator, habilitation specialist, and maintains assigned calendars, rosters and peer/work study/volunteer schedules for coordination of service provision at the Veterans One Stop.
- Submits, in a timely fashion, verbal and written required documentation concerning program performance and activities, proposed changes, program needs and other relevant and requested data and information.
- Provides services to assigned individuals, families and groups, and ensures accompanying documentation is completed in a timely fashion.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written communication and computer skills
- Excellent verbal communication with staff, Veterans, and outside agencies
- Time management and organization required
- Some travel required
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, and keyboarding for prolonged periods, lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to be CPR and SAMA certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required. 25% local travel and 5% regional travel.
Education and Experience
- Veteran, active military, or a family member of a veteran or military service member Preferred
- At least a Bachelor's degree in a qualifying human services field Required
- 2 years of supervisory experience is Preferred
- Experience with volunteer organization or management Preferred
Hours: M-F 8AM-5PM other hours as needed
Salary: $37,000-$48,000 DOQ
Location: Veterans One Stop
2220 Austin Avenue, Waco, TX
Department: Veterans One Stop
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs