The caseworker for the TCOOMMI (Texas Correctional Office on Offenders with Medical and Mental Impairments) Adult program works with parole and probation to assist mental health consumers involved in the criminal justice system successfully complete treatment goals, stabilize mental health symptoms, reduce the risk of recidivism, increase awareness of and participation with community and natural supports, develop self-advocacy and gain independence through successful reintegration in the community. This person will assess consumer needs, attend probation and parole appointments, link consumers with community resources, provide skills training and psychosocial rehab, participate in psychiatric services, serve as part of the consumers IDT (Interdisciplinary Team), as well as other case management duties.
Abilities, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written communication and basic computer knowledge for treatment planning and inputting clinical documentation
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal relations with consumers, staff, and community providers
- Time management and organization required to meet service goals
- Local travel (40%) and regional travel (10%) to consumer homes and other community settings, jail, and parole/probation offices. Mileage reimbursement is provided when the use of one’s personal care is used.
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, lifting up to 30 lbs., and keyboarding for prolonged periods
- Ability to be CPR and SAMA certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
- Bachelor's or Master's in social work, psychology or related field with ability to obtain Qualified Mental Health Professional credentialing
- 2 years of case management experience Preferred
- Texas DPS and federal background check required for employment, see more info under "Bars to Employment"
Hours: M-F 8AM-5PM with other as needed
Salary: Annual $32,340 - $38,396 plus $3,500 Bonus
Location: 2010 LaSalle Ave. Waco, TX
Department: 2010 LaSalle Ave #B Waco, Texas
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs