Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
Youth Peer Provider performs assigned peer support activities through Klaras Center for Families and the community. This worker provides recovery oriented peer services to child and adolescent mental health consumers. These services involve the utilization of the worker’s own experiences in recovery to engage and inspire hope in working with mental health consumers.
- Excellent written communication and computer keyboarding for inputting clinical documentation
- Excellent verbal communication with clients, staff, and community providers
- Time management required to meet service goals
- Local travel 20% Regional Travel 5%
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, keyboarding for prolonged periods, and lifting up to 15 lbs.
- Ability to be CPR and SAMA certified
- Valid driver's license and liability insurance required.
Education and Experience
- At least 1 year of personally receiving mental health services for a disorder that is treated in the target population for Texas is required (Please give some information to evidence this either on application or in cover letter)
Hours: 20 hours per week (part-time) (7:30AM-7PM)
Salary: $10.00 hourly/$10,400 annually
Location: 1105 Jefferson,
Department: Klaras Center for Families
This is a part time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs