The Psychiatrist will be doing evaluations in making determinations of appropriate diagnosis, medical necessity of services, and need for inpatient hospitalization to a full caseload of Adults with severe and persistent mental illness in an efficient & effective manner, for the purpose of improving patient quality of life. Participates in the development of medical policy and procedures.
The Nurse Practitioner will work under the supervision of a psychiatrist, provides a full range of psychiatric services for agency patients including diagnostic evaluation, treatment, psychopharmacological management. Works closely with other medical and non-medical staff, both within and outside of the agency to assure that appropriate and medically necessary services are provided. Candidate must possess strong problem solving skills, effective organizational skills, ability to set priorities, must be a team player, work well with others, and be capable of working independently.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of psychiatric principles and methods; and procedures in the field of general medicine; and of the principles of the development, implementation and documentation of individualized care and treatment plans.
- Skill in the care and treatment of patients and their families; in the use of medical and psychiatric diagnostic and treatment tools and equipment; and in relating to other medical and non-medical service providers.
- Ability to examine, diagnose, and treat psychiatric conditions, to interpret psychological diagnoses and analyses; and to prepare and supervise the preparation of medical records.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel as needed.
- Must be proficient in computer usage and electronic health records
- Excellent written communication and computer keyboarding for inputting clinical documentation
- Excellent verbal communication with clients, staff, and community providers
- Time management required to meet service goals
- Lift up to 30 lbs.
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, and keyboarding for prolonged periods
- Ability to be CPR and PMAB certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- Psychiatrist is licensed to practice medicine in Texas plus completion of residency approved by Accredidation Council on Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or equivalent
- Psychiatrist has graduated from an accredited medical school with Doctorate's degree in medicine (MD/DO) is required
- Psychiatrist is active DPS/DEA Board Certified or Board Eligible by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Requires 2 years work experience in the field of psychiatrics
- Prior experience as psychiatrist in outpatient and/or impatient setting
- Nurse Practitioner is Clinical Specialty Certification as a Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
Hours: 8:00AM-5:00PM (Monday - Friday) Full
Salary Negotiable depending on license and experience
Heart of Texas Region MHMR strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
10 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings)
**Certain Requirements Needed**
Location: 110 S 12th St. Waco, TX
Department: Main Center
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs