Performs moderately complex nursing work. Work involves providing for the care and treatment of consumers. May train and/or supervise others. Works under general supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Determines level of nursing necessity and plan of care based upon comprehensive assessment of individuals.
- Monitors consumer records to insure continuity of medical services.
- Provides specialized nursing services for individuals and families.
- Provides program specific consultation, training, and technical assistance to agency staff, the medical community, and other organizations.
- Develops work procedures and performance standards.
- Organizes and directs nursing education programs and participates in conducting presentations as appropriate.
- Reviews medical records and consumer assessments to determine compliance with policies and procedures, correctness of assessments, and/or quality of services.
- Assists in planning, coordinating, and evaluating nursing activities.
- May detect, record, investigate, and report infections and communicable diseases, taking corrective action as appropriate.
- May train and/or supervise others.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written communication and computer skills for inputting clinical documentation
- Excellent verbal communication with clients, staff, and community providers
- Time management and organizational skills
- Travel may include transporting clients, with regional travel up to 10% of the time
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, and keyboarding for prolonged periods, lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to be CPR and PMAB certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- Current and unencumbered licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Texas
- 1 year of experience in IDD preferred
- 1 year of experience as a licensed nurse required
Hours: M-F 8AM-5PM
Salary: $43,000 annually/$20.6731 hourly
Heart of Texas Region MHMR strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
10 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings)
**Certain Requirements Needed**
Location: 3420 W Waco Dr., Waco
Key words: Registered nurse
Department: Developmental Services
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs