Under the supervision of the Program Director and AMH Supervisor II, a Caseworker I performs assigned human service activities in the community mental health center and community at large. Specifically, this worker provides recovery oriented case management services to adult mental health consumers at various HOTRMHMR locations. This position will also assist with continuity of care and care coordination tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- General knowledge of mental illness, rehabilitative skills training methods and knowledge of community resources. Ability to conduct interviews and report results of the interviews.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with other professional groups, businesses, employment agencies etc. Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats of communication.
- Ability to meet grant/contract time frames and obligations and to organize and prioritize work related tasks.
- Excellent written communication and basic computer knowledge for inputting clinical documentation
- Excellent verbal communication with consumers, staff, and community providers
- Time management required to meet service goals
- Local travel to consumer homes, hospitals, jails and other community settings
- Lift up to 30 lbs.
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, and keyboarding for prolonged periods
- Ability to be CPR and PMAB certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required. 40% Regional travel.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's in social work, psychology or related field with ability to obtain Qualified Mental Health Professional credentialing Required
- 2 year of case management experience preferred
Hours: M-F 8AM-5PM with other as needed
Salary: $30,000-$36,172 Annual DOQ
Heart of Texas Region MHMR strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
10 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings)
**Certain Requirements Needed**
Location: 110 S 12th St. Waco, TX 76667
Department: Main Center
This is a full time position