Performs routine nursing duties in the habilitative process of consumers of a community mental health mental retardation center. Is responsible for monitoring and coordinating health care services for consumers through visitation to consumer residences. Provides documentation of training/monitoring of progress in the consumer record. Works under moderate supervision with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Administers medication as appropriate.
- Monitors consumers for treatments and procedures.
- Takes consumers’ temperature, pulse, and respiration.
- Counsels consumers with specific health goals.
- Conducts appropriate screening tests.
- Completes reports pertaining to medication, deaths, and illnesses of consumers.
- Prepares nursing and medical summaries.
- Makes home visits.
- May participate in conducting therapeutic programs.
- May train staff in medication training and special needs of consumers.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written communication and computer skills for inputting clinical documentation
- Excellent verbal communication with clients, staff, and community providers
- Time management and organizational skills
- Travel to include transportation of clients throughout the local area to group homes and other settings
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, and keyboarding for prolonged periods, lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to be CPR and SAMA certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED with a current and unencumbered licensure as a Licensed Vocational Nurse in the state of Texas
- 1 Year of experience in IDD Preferred
- 2 year of experience as a licensed nurse Preferred
Hours: M-F 8AM-5PM plus an on-call rotation
Salary: $31,200 annually/$15 hourly
Location: Waco, TX
Heart of Texas Region MHMR strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
10 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings)
**Certain Requirements Needed**
Key words: LVN
Department: Developmental Services
This is a full time position