Licensed caseworkers at the Heart of Texas Community Clinic provide counseling services for clients of the clinic. This person may perform mental health assessments, treatment planning, rehabilitation, psychotherapy, and clinical documentation.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Provides assessment, diagnosis and treatment with clients identified for services at the community outpatient clinic who do not qualify for traditional community center services based on not having a targeted qualifying diagnosis (i.e. Bi-Polar Disorder, Major Depression or Schizophrenia).
- Possess knowledge and understanding of treatment modalities which will benefit the individual client.
- Possesses skills to document clinical services provided in a timely manner no later than 24 hours following client interaction.
- Participates as a team member on the collaborative team designed for the diagnosis and treatment of clients.
- Participates in the interpretation of methods and procedures to agencies responsible for carrying out recommendations of the clinic.
- May supervise other therapists, volunteers, and students.
- Acts as liaison between all appropriate agencies, physicians, and community resources for purposes of admission, treatment and discharge planning.
- May participate in budget planning, unit administration, and program development.
- Increases knowledge of Psychotherapeutic and social work concepts by attendance at work related outside conferences and seminars whenever possible.
- HOTRMHMR provides services in accordance with trauma-informed care guidelines, which includes cultural sensitivity and emphasizes a safe and respectful environment for all clients and staff. Experience and training in screening, assessment and treatment of trauma is required for all clinical positions.
- Performs related work as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written communication and basic computer skills
- Excellent verbal communication with clients, staff, and community partners
- Time management required to meet service goals
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, keyboarding for prolonged periods, and lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to be CPR and PMAB certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- Master's degree in a human service field required
- LPC, LCSW, LMFT required OR currently under supervision for licensure
Hours: M-F 8AM-5PM
Salary: $32,884 $45,000 DOE
Heart of Texas Region MHMR strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
10 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings)
**Certain Requirements Needed**
Location: HOT Counseling Center
Lyle Avenue, Waco
Department: HOT Community Clinic
This is a full time position