Under the general supervision of the Program Manager the Peer Provider performs assigned peer support activities for the McLennan County Reintegration Program and community at large. Specifically, this worker provides recovery oriented peer services to justice involved consumers who may be experiencing mental health or substance use disorder related challenges. These services involve utilization of the Peer Provider’s own experiences in recovery to engage and inspire hope in working with reintegration consumers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written communication and computer keyboarding for inputting clinical documentation
- Excellent verbal communication with clients, staff, and community providers
- Time management required to meet service goals
- Local travel using Center vehicle
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, keyboarding for prolonged periods, and lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to be CPR and SAMA certified
- Valid driver's license and liability insurance required. 25% local travel.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED Required
- Must have been treated in behavioral health system for at least one year and have a level of stability and recovery that facilitates participation in the treatment and recovery of other mental health consumers (Please give some information to evidence this either on application or in cover letter)
- Certified Peer Provider Preferred
Hours: 20 hours per week (part-time)
Salary: $10.00 hourly/$10,400 annually
Location: 2010 LaSalle Ave
Department: 2010 LaSalle Ave #B Waco, Texas
This is a part time position