Service Coordinators work with consumers, families, and community providers in an effort to meet therapeutic goals of consumers with intellectual/developmental disabilities. This person will develop and monitor Person-Directed Plans and will advocate for the consumers' receipt of services.
Examples of Work Performed
- Conduct interview with consumers and families to determine needs related to quality of life issues.
- Develop and monitor program plans, including developing justifications for specific services within the plan.
- Provide specific assistance related to accessing alternative resources to meet needs.
- Provide monitory of both consumers and service providers to ensure adequacy and quality of services being provided
- Assist consumer eligibility specialist in initiate SSI, SSDI, and Medicaid eligibility process for /with consumers, including assisting in the completion and gathering of all required documentation and actively participating in initial, follow-up and appeal hearing on behalf of consumers.
- Completed documentation related to service provision, including person directed plans, individual plans of care daily/monthly/quarterly progress notes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written communication and computer keyboarding for inputting clinical documentation
- Excellent verbal and telephone communication with consumers, staff, and community providers
- Time management required to meet service goals
- Constant travel to provide services for clients, including regional travel about 25% of time
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, and keyboarding for prolonged periods, lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to be CPR and PMAB certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology or related field required
- 1 year of experience in case management and/or IDD preferred
Hours: M-F 8AM-5PM with other as needed
Salary: $30,000-$33,000 Annual DOQ
Location: Developmental Services
3420 W Waco Drive Waco, TX
Heart of Texas Region MHMR strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
10 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings)
**Certain Requirements Needed**
Department: Developmental Services
This is a full time position