Under the immediate supervision of the KCF Division Director, or Lead Certified Family Partner, performs advanced human services support work. Work involves providing information to Regional caregiver(s) of children/adolescents served, as well as providing emotional support, experienced guidance, and problem solving assistance in an effort to strengthen the caregiver(s) and family unit. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Per referral from Case Managers, Therapists, Skills Trainers, and/or other Treatment Team
members, Family Partner meets with parents/caregivers of children served in the Region to provide experienced advice and guidance concerning KCF services and mental health services in general.
- Under the supervision of KCF Division Director, or Lead Certified Family Partner, provides emotional support to Regional parents/caregivers struggling to meet their unique parental demands and personal challenges.
- Participates as a team member in conferences designed for the diagnosis and treatment of clients.
- Assists parents in identifying barriers and problems as well as in problem solving.
- On behalf of parents/caregivers, acts as liaison and advocate with appropriate agencies, physicians,
- Co-facilitates the Parent Support Group in an effort to support, empower, and guide parents of
children and adolescents served at KCF.
- Increases knowledge and skills through attendance of outside conferences and seminars whenever
- May provide transportation to clients or caregivers.
- Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication and telephone skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, reliability, and dependability towards Center employees, clients, and the community
- Must display excellent organizational skills and time management
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing for prolonged periods and lifting up to 30 pounds
- Works mainly in office setting with 30% of time transporting clients and other errands
- Ability to be CPR and PMAB certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Certified Family Partner preferred
- At least 1 year of dealing with mental health issues with their own child, if so please provide information Required
Hours: 8AM-5PM M-F with possible variations per client needs
Salary: $24,500 annually/$12.2115 hourly
Heart of Texas Region MHMR strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
10 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings)
**Certain Requirements Needed**
Location: 1105 Jefferson Ave, Waco
Department: Klaras Center for Families
This is a full time position