YES Waiver case manager for Klaras Center for Families work with Mental Health staff, families, and other community resource providers in an effort to meet therapeutic goals of adolescents in the mental health system. This person will provide intensive evaluation, consultation and intervention, as well as perform other case management duties. Under the immediate supervision of the Supervisor of YES & WRAP Services performs assigned skills training and Community Living Support services.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
Performs skills training, mentoring, and respite services with clients or relatives of clients in the community, under supervision of the Supervisor of YES & WRAP Services in consultation with a therapist/skills trainer and interdisciplinary team.
- Participates as a team member in conferences designed for the diagnosis and treatment of clients.
- Acts as liaison between all appropriate agencies, physicians, relatives of clients and community resources for purposes of admission, treatment and discharge planning.
- Increases knowledge of work concepts by attendance at work related outside conferences and seminars whenever possible.
- Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written communication and computer keyboarding for inputting clinical documentation
- Excellent verbal communication with clients, staff, and community providers
- Time management and organization required to meet service goals
- Must be able to be assertive and demonstrate positive leadership skills
- Local travel 10% and regional travel 10% to client homes, school, jail, and other community settings which may include transporting clients
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, keyboarding for prolonged periods, and lifting up to 15 lbs.
- Ability to be CPR and SAMA certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in social work, psychology or related field with ability to obtain Qualified Mental Health Professional credentialing
- 1 year of case management experience preferred
- 1 Year skills training experience preferred
Hours: M-F 8AM-5PM with possible variation
Salary: $30,000-$36,172 Annual DOQ
Location: Klaras Center for Families
1105 Jefferson Ave. Waco, TX
Heart of Texas Region MHMR strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
10 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings)
**Certain Requirements Needed**
Department: Klaras Center for Families
This is a full time position