Performs moderately complex accounting work. Work involves preparing, posting and balancing financial statements, records, documents or reports. May specialize in some phase of accounting work such as grant fund accounting, property and equipment control. Works under general supervision with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Prepares financial records and controls and operating reports
- Prepares trial balances, substantive financial statements, special exhibits, or schedulers.
- Prepares payment, cash, general journal, and related vouchers
- Checks accounting operations in progress, reviewing and auditing completed financial records for accuracy and conformance with legal and departmental procedures and regulations
- Prepares bank reconciliations
- Researches reconciliation discrepancies and report findings
- Keeps abreast of legislative changes which affect the manager of funds
- May be responsible for receiving, depositing, allocating and auditing federal funds or special state funds or appropriations.
- May function as a consultant on accounting matters to administrative, supervisory or technical staff
- Performs related work as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures affecting the maintenance of accounting records and automated accounting systems.
- Ability to interpret and apply accounting theory to transactions; to work accurately with numerical detail; to analyze, consolidate, and interpret accounting data.
- Must have excellent computer skills and knowledge use of programs including Access and Excel.
- Ability and skill to train staff; and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel as needed.
- Physical ability to sit for extended periods; working at a computer; lifting up to 50 pounds; some stooping, bending and kneeling and drive a vehicle for travel to and from meetings.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/business plus three years experience in accounting, finance, or other related activities Required
Hours: M-F, 8AM-5PMSalary: $45,000 Annually
Heart of Texas Region MHMR strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
10 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings)
**Certain Requirements Needed**
Location: 110 South 12th Street Waco, Texas 76701
Department: Main Center
This is a full time position