A Care Coordinator provides Behavioral and Physical healthcare coordination, system navigation, crisis intervention, community resource linkage and referrals with the aim of advancing wellness goals for consumers served while also acting as an advocate for consumers.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Ensures the health records of consumers on assigned caseload are up to date and that necessary records are transferred to the appropriate provider or agency when a referral is made.
- Provides a variety of care coordination activities that ensure consumers on assigned caseload receive the services necessary to achieve the best health outcomes. These activities include but are not limited to; follow up on referrals, navigating local health system, contacting MCO’s to access needed services, assist with arranging transportation to scheduled appointments, assist with transitions between levels of care or care systems.
- Responsible for the coordination of all services which assists clients in their recovery from mental illness and/or substance use including re-engagement after missed appointments and follow-up services post hospital discharge.
- Provides monitoring and tracking to enhance continuity of care from and to external providers; i.e. hospitals, emergency rooms and jails.
- Performs Related Work as Required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Knowledge of emotional problems and treatment approaches.
- Must establish and maintain positive working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Excellent written communication and computer keyboarding for inputting clinical documentation
- Excellent verbal communication with consumers, staff, and community providers
- Time management required to meet service goals
- Local travel 5% Regional travel 5%
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, keyboarding for prolonged periods, and lifting 15 lbs.
- Ability to be CPR and PMAB certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's in social work, psychology or related field with ability to obtain Qualified Mental Health Professional credentialing
- 1 year case management experience preferred
Hours: M-F 8:00AM-5:00PM
Salary: $30,000-$36,172 annually DOQ
Location: 110 S 12th St Waco TX
Heart of Texas Region MHMR strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
10 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings) **Certain Requirement Needed**
Department: Main Center
This is a full time position