Caseworker/Therapist works under the immediate supervision of the School Based Mental Health Program Manager and the Director of Clinical Services/Assistant Director performs assigned individual, group and/or family therapy and skills training services in the Waco High School setting. SBMH Therapist will work in tandem on site with a case manager to provide comprehensive services and facilitate relationships between mental health staff, school personnel, clients and families. SBMH Therapist will be responsible for intakes, assessments, diagnoses and will lead in the development of treatment plans.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Interviews clients, their relatives, and other interested individuals and agencies to obtain social and developmental histories to discover social/psychological problems in order to provide intake assessments, treatment planning and diagnoses.
- Manages crises as needed.
- Performs therapeutic treatment with clients or relatives of clients, under supervision of the KCF’s Director of Clinical Services.
- Participates as a team member in both school and mental health Inter-disciplinary team meetings designed for the diagnosis and treatment of clients.
- Provides Behavioral Health training to school personnel and works in conjunction with school personnel to develop and implement Individualized Education Plans, Behavior Intervention Plans, etc.
- May supervise other therapists, volunteers, and students.
- May act as liaison between all appropriate agencies, teachers, physicians, relatives of clients and community resources for purposes of admission, treatment and discharge planning.
- Increases knowledge of psychotherapeutic and social work concepts by attendance at work related outside conferences and seminars whenever possible.
- Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written communication and computer keyboarding for inputting clinical documentation
- Excellent verbal communication with consumers, staff, and community providers
- Time management required to meet service goals
- Some local travel 10%
- Lift up to 30 lbs.
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, and keyboarding for prolonged periods
- Ability to be CPR and PMAB certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
- Master's in social work, psychology or related field human services field
- Requires Licensure as an LPC, LMFT or LCSW, or Master's Level candidate for licensure as an LPC-I
Hours: M-F 8AM-5PM with some flexibility to accommodate school schedule
Salary Range: $32,884 - $45,000 DOQ
Heart of Texas Region MHMR strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
10 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings)
**Certain Requirements Needed**
Location: Klaras Center for Families 1105 Jefferson Ave Waco, TX
Department: Klaras Center for Families
This is a full time position