Registered nurses for the main center performs moderately complex nursing work. Work involves providing for the care and treatment for agency consumers. Works under general supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgement.
Examples of Work Performed
- Maintains documentation of all services in an accurate and timely manner as related to the nursing assessments and treatment plans.
- Provides specialized nursing services for agency consumers
- Provides in-home/community based rehabilitation services to assist individuals in assessing community resources and achieving environmental and psychiatric stability
- Analyzes nursing services and makes recommendations for improvements
- Provides general nursing services including algorithm assessments, administration of injections, taking vital signs, performs AIMS screenings, etc.
- Provides patient and family education services regarding medications prescribed by Center physicians.
- Provides nursing services as part of the agency's wellness activities; i.e. TB testing, flu shots, etc.
- Reviews medical records and consumer assessments to determine compliance with policies and procedures, correctness of assessments and/or quality of services.
- May detect, records, investigate, and report infections and communicable diseases, taking corrective action as appropriate.
- Performs related work as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written communication and computer skills for inputting clinical documentation
- Excellent verbal communication with clients, staff, and community providers
- Time management and organizational skills
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, and keyboarding for prolonged periods, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to be CPR and PMAB certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- Current and unencumbered licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Texas Required
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program
- 1 year of psychiatric nursing experience preferred
Hours: Mon-Fri 8A-5P
Salary: $47,160 annually/$22.6731 hourly
Heart of Texas Region MHMR strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
10 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings)
**Certain Requirements Needed**
Location: 114 S 12th St Waco, TX
Key words: Registered nurse, psychiatric nurse
Department: Main Center
This is a full time position