Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Behavioral Health Justice-Involved Programs, coordinates services for successful reentry and reintegration of formerly incarcerated individuals. Position works closely with agency staff, police, probation/parole, jail staff, as well as other community stakeholders to facilitate referrals and services to individuals with mental illness with current or past legal system involvement. Serves as a liaison between the local stakeholders and HOTRMHMR to ensure the needs of offenders with mental illness returning to the community are met. Reports, presentations and data must be provided as requested by Reintegration Roundtable management group. Completes all required documentation including progress notes, as well as other reports as requested by management group or agency staff. Will work closely with agency staff as well as other community interest groups facilitating and coordinating community meetings.
Works under moderate supervision of the Director of Behavioral Health Justice-Involved Programs with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgement in carrying out details of the work.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Establish program goals, procedures, guidelines
- Coordinates collection of data and ensures metrics are met
- Ensures program compliance with funding source requirements
- Advocate with legal entities for persons with mental illness
- Coordinates referrals to community-based providers
- Prepares progress notes and other required documentation.
- Serves as a liaison in meetings with social service agencies and county/state governments relating to reintegration activities
- Must possess a working knowledge of mental health treatment and diagnostics.
- Excellent written communication and computer keyboarding
- Excellent verbal communication with clients, staff, and community providers
- Supervisory skills including problem resolution and maintaining relationships with community partners.
- Must have strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to delegate tasks and duties.
- Ability to be CPR and PMAB certified.
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
- Local travel 95% of the time.
- Responsible for determining eligibility and overseeing unit compliance.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's in social work, counseling, psychology marriage and family or related field.
- Requires successful experience in providing mental health or substance abuse services for individuals involved with the legal system. Prefer lived experience or knowledge of criminal justice system.
- 1 Year Case management experience Required
- 1+ year of supervisory experience Preferred
Hours: 8AM-5PM M-F (other times as needed to meet the needs of the unit)
Salary: $ 48,400 Annual Salary
Location: 2010 LaSalle Ave, Waco TX
Heart of Texas Region MHMR strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
11 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings)
**Certain Requirements Needed**
Department: 2010 LaSalle Ave #B Waco, Texas
This is a management position
This is a full time position