Performs mental health services for children, adolescents and IDD clients in crisis. Work involves conducting interviews and clinical assessments; site-crisis coverage for referrals and, provision of continuity of care to referred mental health individuals in crisis. Works under moderate supervision of the Supervisor with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment in carrying out details of the work.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Provides on-site crisis assessments and develops intervention plans for Youth and IDD populations in hospital and community
- Provides crisis counseling and supports as deemed necessary
- Coordinates referrals to community-based providers
- Assists with monitoring and coordinating ASH and State Contract Facilities with appropriate discharge planning on individuals in child, adolescent or IDD contract beds before discharge from the facility
- Develops comprehensive treatment plans, monitors progress, and completes written reviews every ninety days (LOC-5).
- Prepares progress notes and other required documentation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written communication and basic computer knowledge for inputting clinical documentation
- Excellent verbal communication with clients, staff, and community providers
- Time management required to meet service goals
- Travel includes 50% local and 20% regional to individuals in need
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, and lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to be CPR and PMAB certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's in social work, psychology or related field with ability to obtain Qualified Mental Health Professional credentialing Required
- 1 year of case management or IDD experience preferred
Hours: M-F 8A-5P
Salary: $35,000-$37,450 DOQ
Heart of Texas Region MHMR strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
11 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings)
**Certain Requirements Needed**
Location: Clifton Street Clinic/MCOT
Department: Clifton Street Clinic
This is a full time position