Performs highly complex (senior-level) accounting work. Work involves preparing various financial analysis, documents, and reports, establishing, maintaining, and/or overseeing accounting systems, procedures, and controls. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Prepares financial reports for both internal and external users such as other local, state, and federal agencies.
- Prepares complex technical reports such as those dealing with revenue accruals, cost data, and budget items.
- Prepares routine financial statements and/or assists in preparing more complex financial statements and operating reports.
- Researches reconciliation discrepancies and reports findings to the appropriate manager.
- Prepares and analyzes accounting data for planning estimates and budget reports.
- Prepares reports and other analysis for external auditors.
- May audit, approve, and/or process operating reports, vouchers, claims, invoices, requisitions, estimates, purchase orders, statements, and similar records.
- Analyzes and recommends improvements, adaptation, or revisions to the accounting system and accompanying procedures when necessary.
- May audit general journal entries and payment, cash, purchase, travel, and related vouchers.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures affecting the maintenance of accounting records and automated accounting systems.
- Ability to interpret and apply accounting theory to transactions; to work accurately with numerical detail; to analyze, consolidate, and interpret accounting data.
- Must have excellent computer skills and knowledge use of programs including Access and Excel.
- Ability and skill to train staff; and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel as needed.
- Physical ability to sit for extended periods; working at a computer; lifting up to 50 pounds; some stooping, bending and kneeling and drive a vehicle for travel to and from meetings.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/business plus three years experience in accounting, finance, or other related activities Required
Hours: M-F, 8AM-5PMSalary: $60,000 Annually
Heart of Texas Region MHMR strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
11 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings)
**Certain Requirements Needed**
Location: 110 South 12th Street Waco, Texas 76701
Department: Main Center
This is a full time position