Accounting Technician is responsible for providing administrative support to staff and customers, and performs moderately complex bookkeeping and clerical work. Accounting Technician will prepare and enter data into financial system, verify coding, and balances entries.
Example of Work Performed
- Data Entry of cash/checks/direct deposits in Abila MIP accounting system under reporting unit and G/L accounts. Posts cash/checks into systems, prints, invoice posting journal with copies of checks and backup to be filed in cash receipts folders.
- Prepares necessary purchase, requisitions for payment of administrative costs for account, IT and billing.
- Writes receipts for non-mail cash/checks coming into the accounting department.
- Order supplies for accounting, IT, and billing departments.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping principles, practices and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication and telephone skills
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Financial and Procurement software.
- Must display excellent organizational skills and time management
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, and keyboarding for prolonged periods
- Ability to be CPR and PMAB certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
- Ability to train others on software usage
High school diploma or GED
2 years accounting experience preferred.
Hours: M-F, 8AM-5PM
Salary: $31,200 Annually/$15.00 Hourly
Location: 110 South 12th Street Waco, Texas 76701
Heart of Texas Behavioral Health Network strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
11 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings)
**Certain Requirements Needed**
Department: Main Center
This is a full time position