Performs mental health and support services for individuals who are currently homeless. Work involves conducting interviews; providing intensive case management support to homeless individuals; coordination with area social service agencies having contact with the homeless. Work involves outreach in environments such as encampments, emergency shelters, and street locations. Works under supervision of the Program Supervisor with latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment in carrying out details of the work.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Builds relationships with local shelters and other community agencies interacting with the homeless population
- Provides relationship building with homeless individuals at their location (i.e. encampments, emergency shelters and street locations.)
- Coordinates referrals to community-based providers
- Active in local homeless organizations
- Prepares progress notes and other required documentation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Knowledge of mental illness and emotional components of physical illness. Ability to form positive relationships with both homeless individuals and other social service agencies.
- Demonstrated skill in interviewing and reporting results of interviews. Requires excellent communication skills.
- Considerable ability to work cooperatively and effectively with professional personnel; to exercise tact, initiative, and good judgment in dealing with clients and relatives; to prepare reports and make recommendations for administrative use; to speak and write effectively; to relate to people and to interact with consumers.
- Demonstrates ability to work in environments not meant for human habitation.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively in crisis situations.
- Excellent written communication and basic computer knowledge for inputting clinical documentation
- Excellent verbal communication with consumers, staff, law enforcement and other community providers
- Time management required to meet service goals
- Local travel to consumer homes, hospitals, jails and other community settings
- Lift up to 30 lbs.
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, and keyboarding for prolonged periods
- Ability to be CPR and PMAB certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required. 90% local travel.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's in social work, psychology or related field with ability to obtain Qualified Mental Health Professional credentialing Required
- 1 Year case management Preferred
Hours: M-F 8AM-5PM with other as needed
Salary: $35,000-$41,195 Annually DOQ
Heart of Texas Region MHMR strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
12 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings) **Certain Requirement Needed**
Location: 1200 Clifton St. Waco, TX
Department: Clifton Street Clinic
This is a full time position