Perform routine nursing duties to include assessment, care, and treatment of clients experiencing behavioral health crises. Will work under minimal supervision with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independence judgment.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Administers medications, immunizations, and treatment and observes patients for unusual symptoms and reactions.
- Conducts physical, developmental, and psychosocial assessments of client health needs and implements appropriate action.
- Obtains lab specimens needed for routine labs (urine toxicology, pregnancy test, glucometer readings)
- Instructs, counsels, and assists clients in meeting their health care needs.
- Monitor clients in the triage area for changes in behaviors or medical status.
- Screens crisis telephone calls and makes appropriate referrals.
- Identifies community services and makes referrals to health care services.
- Assists in evaluating services provided and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Participate in quality assurance reviews as required.
- Train other staff as required.
- Perform related work as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written communication and computer skills for inputting clinical documentation
- Excellent verbal communication with clients, staff, and community providers
- Time management and organizational skills
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, and keyboarding for prolonged periods, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to be CPR and PMAB certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- Current and unencumbered licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Texas
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program
- 1 year of psychiatric nursing experience preferred
Hours: 7:30A-7:30P Sun, Wed, Thurs, and then alternating Mon, Tues, Fri and Sat
Salary: $29.00 Hourly $60,320 with Shift Differential and Overtime ($68,302 Annual after calculating the built in overtime and shift differential)
Location: 301 Londonderry Waco, TX
Heart of Texas Behavioral Health Network strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
12 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings) **Certain Requirement Needed**
Department: Crisis Treatment Center
This is a full time position