We are seeking a highly motivated and detail oriented Administrative Assistant to join our team. The Administrative Assistant will support and report directly to the Plan Manager The ideal candidate is capable of working independently with minimal supervision and display excellent attention to detail. Has experience with various computer systems and be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE KANSAS AUTO INSURANCE PLAN:
• Inform Plan Manager of time sensitive and priority issues, ensuring appropriate follow up.
• Maintain booking records for Kansas Automobile Insurance Plan and Assigned Claims Plan.
• Interact frequently with external parties (e.g., with policyholders, agents, underwriters).
• Submit and monitor producer licensing information.
• Review personal and commercial auto applications for eligibility, premium adequacy, and general compliance with all rules of KAIP and KAACP.
• Prepare and mail packages, review and distribute incoming mail, and order office supplies.
• Process policyholder applications, payments, policy change requests and submit to third party administrator via share file.
• Prepare KAACP annual assessment and process all registered insurance companies’ assessment payment.
• Submit payroll.
• Assist and supply information to auditors annually.
• Attend, assist in preparation, and take notes for three annual meetings with the Governing Committee of KAIP & KAACP. Assist with drafting meeting agendas and meeting minutes.
• Maintain accurate records, files, and documentation.
• Maintain confidentiality of company and proprietary information.
• Screen incoming calls and correspondence, directing to others where appropriate.
• Prepares quarterly financial reports and management reports.
• Interpret and communicate effectively KAIP & KAACP manual rules and procedures for private passenger and commercial auto.
• Review and Submit claims to the appropriate servicing carriers.
• Provide calendar scheduling support for staff.
• Plan and coordinate meetings as requested by the Plan Manager
• Provide prompt and efficient customer service to policyholders, guests, agents, business associates and employees.
• All other duties assigned.
• Experience in insurance industry preferred but not required. Applicant can acquire insurance knowledge through training process.
• 2 years of experience in an administrative role preferred.
• Associate degree Preferred.
• Applicant shall display critical thinking skills, time management skills, teamwork, leadership, detail oriented, and professional.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, and Quick Books
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Possible limited travel.
These physical demands are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; and is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please email your resume and a cover letter introducing yourself, your background, and how your experience aligns with this role (all email attachments should be in Word or PDF format) to: Cathi Luciani at firstname.lastname@example.org.
KAIP & KAACP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KAIP & KAACP is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of: race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, National Origin, ancestry, Citizenship status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression and status as a veteran. Equal opportunity extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment. Upon a conditional offer of employment, candidates will be required to submit required information for a pre-employment background check.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer. To this end, all employment related decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis and in full compliance with federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position