A talented and enthusiastic Junior Transportation Drafting Technologist to join our team in the Calgary office.
If you would like to work as part of a team of professional engineers and technologists, utilizing your knowledge and experience to contribute to the completion of various transportation and municipal projects for our clients in both the office and the field, look no further.
- Reporting to various ISL Project Managers and Project Leads
- Drafting for transportation and municipal projects using AutoDesk (Civil 3D and AutoCAD)
- Assisting with quantity take-offs, cost estimates
- Various transportation/municipal field-related construction duties around southern Alberta, including
- Completion of construction layouts and interpretation of topographical surveys
- Survey construction layouts;
- Contract administration and construction inspection
- Coordinating utility relocations for roadways projects
- Liaison with ISL Project Managers
- Other related tasks assigned based on individual project requirements
- Graduate of a Civil Engineering Design and Drafting program (EDDT) or Civil Engineering Technology (CET) program
- Base software knowledge would includes: AutoCAD, Civil3D, Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Word
- Willing to work extended hours (beyond 40 hours/week when required)
- Willing to travel (to other ISL offices and project locations)
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Driven, flexible and enthusiastic team player
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community.
- We work on fascinating projects right in our community.
- We are nimble. We integrate the right team to solve our clients' biggest challenges.
- We are social. Follow our hashtag #isllife on Twitter and Instagram or check out our YouTube Channel.
- We get together. Every year, Staff Development Seminar brings together ISLers from all over western Canada to learn, share and connect.
- We are independent problem solvers. Employee owned and operated, we like to work hard with minimum bureaucracy.
- We encourage and reward high performance. Employer paid benefits plan, Group RRSP, and competitive salaries with opportunities for annual bonus.
Want to find out more about this or other ISL career opportunities?
Visit us online at www.islengineering.com
This is a non-management position
This is a permanent full time position