A talented and enthusiastic Junior Traffic Technologist to join our team in the Calgary office.
If you would like to work with a team of engineers, planners, and technicans to deliver excellent services for our clients, look no further. You will be trained to assist with the completion of various Traffic Impact Assessments.
- Undertake vehicle traffic analysis using industry-standard methodologies and guidelines;
- Organize and conduct site visit and traffic survey;
- Prepare traffic-related figures and graphics, as well as conceptual design drawings;
- Provide technical support on transportation planning, traffic engineering and road safety studies and reports;
- Prepare traffic engineering reports;
- Complete other transportation engineering work as it is assigned.
- Graduate of a Civil Engineering Technology (CET) program;
- Base software knowledge would includes: AutoCAD, Civil3D, Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Word;
- Experience with or knowledge of current traffic modeling software, such as Synchro, SimTraffic, HCM, Sidra, VISSIM, VISTRO, VISUM is an asset. On the job training available for the right candidate;
- Experince in transportation planning, traffic engineering and road safety, is an asset;
- Strong communication and organizational skills;
- Valid driver's license;
- Driven, flexible and enthusiastic team player.
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community.
- We work on fascinating projects right in our community.
- We are nimble. We integrate the right team to solve our clients' biggest challenges.
- We are social. Follow our hashtag #isllife on Twitter and Instagram or check out our YouTube Channel.
- We get together. Every year, Staff Development Seminar brings together ISLers from all over western Canada to learn, share and connect.
- We are independent problem solvers. Employee owned and operated, we like to work hard with minimum bureaucracy.
- We encourage and reward high performance. Employer paid benefits plan, Group RRSP, and competitive salaries with opportunities for annual bonus.
Want to find out more about this or other ISL career opportunities?
Visit us online at www.islengineering.com
This is a non-management position
This is a permanent full time position